MotoGP » Rossi, Stoner joke about Jerez 2011

“I behaved a little bit like a young rider and unfortunately I also took Casey down” – Valentino Rossi.

LA-Xstream - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 7:23 AM

carlo pernat on gpone:

"The French Grand Prix demonstrated the true balance of power in MotoGP, Stoner, Lorenzo and Rossi, and nothing else. In the wet, where the gap between the bikes is reduced, the rider makes more of a difference. It's about who has more courage and more class."
"The organizers, Ezpeleta and Dorna, will be obligated to put Valentino on a competitive bike. He always guarantees some excitement. I'm sorry for Ducati, and I hope they can turn things around, but Dorna will put him on a better bike. He is the last hope for MotoGP. They will save the series by putting him on competitive equipment. This race showed that Valentino is the same as he has always been, but now with younger competition."
"I'd also stress again that the way in which Stoner announced his retirement showed little respect for the entire management of the series. There is nothing you can say about the way he rides, but as a person he disappointed me."

nuff said.

amakusa

May 23, 2012 7:36 AM

For many years the entire gp management and family has also disrespected Stoner. Up till this day they disrespect him by disrespecting his decision. Did anyone say the same of Schwantz who actually quit halfway through the season leaving Suzuki, his team n sponsors stranded?

Aussie - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 7:50 AM

@LA-Xstream
That was one of the funniest posts I have read for a long time,these guys running the sport they are a joke I was a manager of 2 very large company's for over 30 yrs and if these blokes worked for me I would sack them in 5 minutes,to call themselfs "Organizers" is an insult to people who are genuine organizers,and of course they will try and get rossi a good contract for next year how else is he going to pay what he owes that's why he cannot retire so como'n LA you are smarter than that,you have more brains than to buy that old chesnut they must think everyone that follows GP are mugs .

screwloose

May 23, 2012 7:52 AM

@la xstream........ You may think that what casey said is moaning but he is actually the only rider with the balls to say how he feels,he unloaded on dorna not just for the sake of it but for every other rider in the paddock ie the segrigation of the lower classes the crt rules and of course the way dorna is runing this circus,Now do u honestly think any other rider in this series would have the guts to speak out like stoner did???????

bonnethill

May 23, 2012 8:13 AM

Having watched the coverage of the lemans grand prix again last nght and Stoners interview you sense he has is leavibg with a real chip on his shoulder and most of this is directed toward Ducati. I think he will regret it. Its a real shame as once you leave you can never come back at the same level look at Schumaker.Someone posted above however that in the wet the bike is taken out of the equation and it tis down to rider ability. The 3 top riders are still Lorenzo, Stoner , Rossi . All the other guys nowhere to be seenwhen If you got Rossi on a good bike Moto GP would be brilliant week in week out . You would see this stuff every week. I think Stoners advisers need to get him to look at this again as MotoGP cannot afford to lose him

Understeer - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 8:31 AM

I agree that the rider's talent plays a big role in the wet. Lorenzo, Rossi and Stoner stood out at Le Mans (especially Rossi on a bike he can't ride competitively in dry conditions) but we should also mention that Crutchlow and Dovizioso didn't look too shabby for a while either (for most of the race really).

Bill Gates - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 9:03 AM

One race with Rossi at the front for a change and its a good race? The only thing that happened since last race is that the 3rd place guy could catch and overtake 2nd place. Where is the difference other than the overtake?

The same could be said for Ellison as he rode a terrific race and should be inline for the up and coming factory rides? Thats right, until Ellison proves his worth week in and week out some would say that he just fluked a good finish. So whats the difference other than Ellison isn't known for tremendous handstands in the past at this level?

Aussie - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 9:03 AM

@Understeer
I agree with you I am a stoner fan and I think Crutch an Dovi rode very good I think Crutch just got his angle wrong in the corner other than that I think he would have been a big chance for a podium 2nd or 3rd nobody was going to catch JLO I said before that was the best wet weather ride I seen since stoner at Silverstone he was just perfect.

Aussie - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 9:16 AM

@Somanyfoold
Spot on there mate,I dont know why anybody takes any notice of Schwantz I have followed Gp a long time and he was just an average rider the only reason he got a title was because doohan had an accident, and I think it took him 4 races to make up the points doohan was that far in front,so mate whenever I hear anything about Schwantz I just laugh,I think he thinks he is important when in actual fact nobody really cares what he has to say.

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »