MotoGP » Rossi, Stoner joke about Jerez 2011

“I behaved a little bit like a young rider and unfortunately I also took Casey down” – Valentino Rossi.

Bill Gates - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 9:26 AM

Aussi. The dangerous bit about Schwantz is that he is a liked character. Its the liked bit that is the problem. A liked person in this circus can say and do no wrong. Take Alberto Puig as an example. Alberto fights to the death for his man and is despised by the all who follow the circus when his work for Pedrosa is outstanding.

Alberto = no handstands = no love
Schwantz = ex grand handstand champ = big love+respect

SAM - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 9:56 AM

@Aussie
Spot on there mate,I dont know why anybody takes any notice of Schwantz I have followed Gp a long time and he was just an average rider the only reason he got a title was because doohan had an accident, and I think it took him 4 races to make up the points doohan was that far in front,so mate whenever I hear anything about Schwantz I just laugh,I think he thinks he is important when in actual fact nobody really cares what he has to say.

Doohan had an accident and Schwantz won the title.

You can't be that blind. javascript:insertTextCursor('comment',%20':?')

justmyopinion - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 10:35 AM

I am trying to be as objective as possible with this post and will admit stoner as a person is not my favourite but as a rider I think he is one of the best.
My point is that nobody should feel sorry for stoner because how many of us on here could have afforded to retire at 26 most of us have had to put up with some mundane job rather than racing the finest bit of machinery known to man.
So please don't feel sorry for him and just ignore these stories whether or not they are true about the hardships the family did have.

Aussie - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 10:35 AM

@OzPom
You just blew me away about Donnington can you tell me did they name parts of it after Surtees,Hailwood,Reed,Ivy,Sheens etc. I hope they did because all them plus a few more Brits.would leave Schwantz for dead and that would be on a bad day, I dont usually knock any rider that wins a title but he was gifted on after doohans accident and he should be very thankful and respectful.

bundanet - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 10:42 AM

Sam:

...and who the hell are you? take a chill-pill, Sammy boy.

yours and aussie ignorant comments dont fit in here. to say KS was and average rider and he got his title because Doohan had and accident makes no sense.

well..well trollbot, people are starting to stand-up to your bs.

you are no more than a Troll feeding geek babbling on about Stoner 24/7. yeah that's you, boyo!

Aussie - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 10:51 AM

@justmyopinion
I am a stoner fan and I wont feel sorry for him, the oppisite I am delighted for him, him and his parents made the sacrifice he lived his dream and now he has had enough he has lost the passion and I agree with him.
The only thing I am sorry for is I will miss his take no prisonars brilliant riding his power slides in the corners and doing things on a bike that people like me could only dream about thats all I will be sorry for.

amakusa

May 23, 2012 10:53 AM

Stoner and Schwantz are similar in that they are both fantastic riders whom i enjoyed watching, but often get discredited too. they both didnt care about being 9 times Champion or such. And both, unfortunately, have poor choice of words. But at least we know its their own words.

OzPom

May 23, 2012 11:01 AM

@sam

You have not seen too much of Schwantz because he was one the most exciting riders to watch.
You need some luck at times but you dont win a world champioship by luck.
They named a part of Donnington after him because he was a great rider.

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »