MotoGP » Ellison makes his point(s) as top CRT

“We needed to sit down and work out a plan after Estoril, which we did, and it has worked” – Paul Bird.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

bill - Unregistered

May 22, 2012 8:03 AM

It was good racing from James as he truly battled with some of the riders even if one of them did pull out of the race. Pity you could not see it on screen. But I suppose Rossi stole the show that day. Well done James

motogp - Unregistered

May 22, 2012 9:01 AM

he goes from 2 seconds behind the slowest CRT in terms of lap times in qatar to top crt 3 races later. of course no chatter problems in the rain, just goes to show how much difference the bike makes. ellison deserves better

Jon - Unregistered

May 22, 2012 11:19 AM

I was at Le Mans and was so pleased for James.
Before the race the commentator walked the grid and asked James for a soundbite, to which he thanked all the British fans for coming out to support him despite the awful weather.
At that time I doubt he honestly believed anyone was there for him but he was gracious enough to acknowledge the fans.
I've got so much time for James, I hope he gets the chance to show what a CRT is capable of and can take some prototype scalps in the dry.

Steer - Unregistered

May 22, 2012 11:20 AM

What a turnaround. I'm delighted for the team, and to be honest I am surprised that they had this performance in them after the opening few races.

Well done to them - hopefully they can push on from here and improve even more.

Tmax12 - Unregistered

May 22, 2012 4:11 PM

No chance!
You need to be super talented and or have a pot of cash to get a top Moto GP ride. Ellison has neither. He is a very good rider but not good enough for one of the top slots.
Neither is Shakey Byrne.

Locks46+91+38&35

May 22, 2012 4:25 PM

@Timax12
That is a disgraceful comment to be making . How do you even think James was able to get chosen for the ride in the first place. A lot of the top riders get to where they are because along with their talent they also have the backing to match. Didn't you notice one of your so called super talented riders behind him. Incase you don't know who that is its Mr Bautista also where was Depunet . I don't know what people like you base your assesments on but you are way off.

bill - Unregistered

May 22, 2012 5:41 PM

Mr DePuniet falls off a lot. Has always done so. I cannot understand why he is still there. But Money talks always talks, Something Ellison has little of. I love to see the underdog do well. I hope Gino Rea gets a good result next time in Barca.

1 2  »