MotoGP » Drama to the end in 100th GP

The Bradley Smith Crash.net column is brought to you by
REV'IT!

ELNINO - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 9:16 AM

If this guys gets anymore attention, I think I might just kill myself. Why in the hell does some moto2 mid-packer get a free ride into motogp? This kid has never performed. He couldn't get a title in 125cc, even when all the talent moved to Moto2 (with the exception of Marquez). He really only managed 3rd places that year, and even then, only on occasion.

He then gets to moto2 and still keeps mid packing it. All the regular names, Espagaro, Elias, Simone, Terol continue to beat him regularly just like in 125cc. I've never seen someone so undeserving of a motoGP seat. I guess when Abraham is passing bradders on his Tech3, all of you might get the picture.

Besides, if you think Bradders can compete with current tech3 riders like Crutchlow and Dovi, you're living in some fantasy land. Punt this kid back to some no name Moto2 team and lets get a real rider on board with Tech3 in Moto2 who stands a decent chance when moving to MotoGP.

Yah, I said it

tucker - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 9:23 AM

@ELNINO

Name a single time Terol has beaten Bradders in Moto2? Go on look it up, because you won't find one. I think you'll find that he is ahead of Elias and Simon (you spelt his name wrong but I think that's who you meant) in the championship this year aswell. The bike is clearly under developed, I think if you put Bradley on a Kalex he would be fighting for top 5 every round. That being said, I agree with you in saying that he isn't ready for MotoGP. Tech3 would be mad to consider replacing either Cal or Dovi. The only way I see it happening is if either one of them replaces Ben Spies in the Factory team.

ELNINO - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 9:30 AM

@TUCKER

Let me tell you what is under developed, Bradley Smith's skills as a rider. Irregardless of his positioning vs terol, simon, etc, he is STILL a mid-packer and ALWAYS will be. I'd much rather see someone like Iannone get bumped to MotoGP. He might not be the most consistent rider, but when he gets the bike dialed in for a particular circuit, hes a tough guy to beat.
The same can be said for a hand full of other moto2 riders at the moment. THey have POTENTIAL, something IMHO Bradders does not have.

What amazing insight from El armchair there.
Simply staggering to see how Tech 3 could build up such a team with such incredibly poor judgement that a schoolboy on the www can spot such amazing holes in his logic !

If you actually remember the 125 and 250cc racing, you will remember jokes about Terol having a straight not a corner named after him ? Has it possibly occurred to you that little spaniards on the latest bikes will beat larger guys on last years or before bikes ?

You just get failures like pedrosa taking up perfectly good factory MOTOGP bikes because they looked good in lesser classes on the best bikes.

adam - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 10:26 AM

ElNino a dry hard blowing wind. If they made moto2 combine weight then we would see. of course it would help to have repsol pockets for endless testing and prefered status for chasssis development like spanish riders get.we need another no chance on big bikes like pedrosa in motogp. smith will fly on a big bike. besides when spains economy goes freefall. maybe the rest of the world will get a go.

there there now - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 11:18 AM

Over rated / under rated the jury's out, he is definitely top 6-10 in MOTO 2 and a smart lad and on his day a race winner, but there is no consistency to his race finishes, and this is his weak point, Personally I feel he is not aggressive enough for MOTO GP like say Crutchlow and would really struggle to be top 10, which makes me think tech 3 should keep both Cal and Dovi as there both worthy of there rides, although considering Spies lackluster performances of late one of the tech 3 riders may replace him, but I still feel Bradley is not right for the position, still would love it if he proved me wrong.

tucker - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 11:29 AM

If it's irregardless, then why make the point? I agree Iannone should be in MotoGP next year and a few others (Luthi/Redding). But I think you forget how well Brad did last year. I know when it's an even playing field Bradders can be up there fighting for podiums maybe even wins like last year. I agree with the comment about if Brad does got to MotoGP it will be on Tech3's CRT bike. Like I said the only way he will be on a Yamaha in 2013 is if Cal or Dovi get a factory ride somewhere.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »