MotoGP » Drama to the end in 100th GP

The Bradley Smith Crash.net column is brought to you by
REV'IT!

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Realist - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 1:07 PM

@blimey

No standout talents in BSB makes for close racing. Everyone is flailing about in their own (equal) mediocrity. You put too much stock in your series filled with no-names riding prod bikes. American superbike is the same way these days but I don't go on bragging about it.

Vilas - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 1:19 PM

This is just my opinian but i tinck if Tech 3 is tincking on give him a CRT bike i tinck it will be great.. The competicion on Moto2 is extremly higher and this young kids are very fast.. On the other and the Competicion on CRT its much more esay at my view.. When you are on CRT you only have to tinck on be the best CRT to be recognised and maybe get a semioficial spot or iven better at the end of the year.. Just loock at how it goes the standings at CRT.. Randy is wasting to many points again with crashes and is the favorit to win first year, how many you guys would bet that Alex espargaro will be leading the champion of CRT at this stage with more 6 points then Randy with Matia Pasini(lots of crashes to) him 2 place and James Ellison(and was struggling like hell) now him 4 place?? I tinck competicion on CRT is more esay to win that him Moto2.. and i tinck Smith could do well here just my opinion

Don-R

May 23, 2012 1:28 PM

As far as I know the Tech 3 CRT project is dead in the water for now. It's a massively expensive undertaking, and the team don't even have the time and resources to test and further develop the Moto2 Mistral 600 let alone a CRT machine. Plus which, Monster Energy's financial commitment to the team is to run 2 MotoGP bikes not 3. So unless the rules are changed radically to favour the CRT machines (unlikely), I'm not sure Tech 3 will even pursue a CRT option (though I agree that would be best option for Bradley if it were to happen).

blimey - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 1:37 PM

@Un realist

So you are a soft butt then, good now we know what we are dealing with, lets see now, how many soft butts in
W.S.B = One - position nowhere
MOTO 2 = None -
MOTO GP = three - position nowhere

Smokin - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 1:46 PM

Realist,

Actually, I think you are right about BSB. Very very good riders, but nobody is a standout. the fact Rutter, Byrne et al are succeeding when they have now been passed over for WSB and MotoGP is very telling about the national standard. Of course, they are way quicker than I ever was

However, I think you misjudge Bradley. Time will tell.

Realist - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 2:58 PM

@ blimey

You may be misinterpreting what I've said. I'm not hungry for a U.S. motogp champion. We've already had 2 in the 21st century. You haven't had one since the 70s so that explains your passion. Crutchlow has actually made a fan out of me this season and I hope he gets Bens ride instead of Dovi. But the fact remains that Bradley Smith is an overrated mid-packer and I'm baffled as to why this kid is on Crash every other day. Like I said, you have Crutchlow, ditch the bradley smith pipe dreams.

Smokin - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 3:48 PM

Realist, as far as I am aware this is a UK site so I for one am glad that it features a UK rider. We Brits are often accused of being too reserved, unlike many US sports fans, so promotion of a Brit is a very good thing. I think there should also be Crutchlow and Redding blogs! Perhaps they feature on other sites. Crash have done well to cultivate a relationship with Bradley.

I don't think you have been listening to the reasons for Bradley not winning a Moto2 race. Maybe its a cultural thing. I don't mean that in an insulting way, just that different countries take a different view on life.

bill - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 4:18 PM

@realist:

I Agree it's been over blown to some degree, although Herve Poncharal must have seen something in Bradley
to offer him a ride he knows his onions, still i believe his place is dependent on coming in the top five in championship which seems doubtful at present.

Andy - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 4:20 PM

im sorry... lack of skills? did you live in a bubble last year when he came from last to second st silverstone? pretty much like gino last week.. i think the only lack of skills is your judgment on how good a rider is :s

motomoto - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 5:09 PM

realist and Elnino got it right,, and Bradley is not "up and coming" Mr. achoo. He's had more than enough time to prove his salt and he's a mid-packer at best, always was , always will. He's getting ripped here because he's getting publicity here. Where is the day-by-day Luthi publicity?, now that's a legit fast rider who is out of Smiths league. I'm guessing that Bradley gets a lot of press HERE ONLY because his handlers have something to do with crash. Or Revit is paying for it, which makes this a Bradley Smith commercial. There are a dozen riders in moto2 who are factually faster and more worthy of publicity. This place keeps lowering the bar.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »