MotoGP » Poll Results: Who will Honda sign in Stoner's place?

Valentino Rossi and Stefan Bradl top your list to replace retiring MotoGP champion Casey Stoner.

Realist

May 25, 2012 11:20 PM

@ there there now

Your reading comprehension is among the worst that I've seen on this forum. I did not say that it was all about money. What I DID say was that money is almost always a consideration (..there are exceptions). EVERY employed person who is offered more money - be it a corporate lawyer, a CEO or...gasp!...a MotoGP racer - "CONSIDERS" the offer. I never suggested that everybody TAKES THE OFFER. If Casey stays, I can guarantee you that more money will be part and parcel to the bargain. If Lorenzo stays at Yamaha (assuming Honda offers him more money to transition), I can guarantee you that more money on behalf of Yamaha will be part and parcel to the bargain. I can't believe that I even have to explain this well accepted tenet of DOING BUSINESS/BUSINESS NEGOTIATIONS!!!!

rolling stoner - Unregistered

May 26, 2012 12:12 AM

I think money will talk Stoner into staying but who with is the question, everyone knows caseys dad was tryng to get another contract signed with Honda only weeks ago. Would Rossi leave Ducati... don't think he would unless he knew who will be taking his seat, afterall imagine if Stoner went back to Ducati smoked the field like he did in '07, Rossi would be pissed, so doubt Rossi will leave Ducati besides I think Rossi would like to turn the Ducati back into a winner. I also think Rossi is only sticking around for the next 2 years to get his finaces back it order, so if Honda does offer Rossi good money he will certainly have to be winning again and not sure Rossi would want that pressure, better the devil you know. Spies will probably get the Honda ride but only if he ups his game within the next few rounds. If Crutchlow gets on the podium 3 or 4 times this year he would definitely be in with a factory ride.

Gaz - Unregistered

May 26, 2012 12:35 AM

Rossi SHOULD NOT get it after acting like a SNAKE when under contract with Honda. The Japanese have long memories. Barry Sheene found that out with Suzuki and Yamaha !

Honda should lease Rossi a factory supported RCV
Sponsered by Nastro Azzoro? ring any bells?
Vale's first venture into MotoGP?
Selective memory anyone?
Not paid by Honda, Honda get paid by Vale.
That's why I'm a Hard nosed business man & you're a yellow #46 under garment wearer!

there there now - Unregistered

May 26, 2012 1:08 AM

@Realist:

I am not saying Money will be offered from both parties of course it will, what i am saying is i believe Jorge will decide to stay with Yamaha even if Honda offer him more money, i personally, that's ME feel that after summing up up all the pro's and con's, he will stay because of what he has now at Yamaha, and all the trouble with adapting to a new bike / team and way of working will not be out weighed buy the salary difference between Honda and Yamaha.

Sam - Unregistered

May 26, 2012 1:45 AM

@rolling stoner

Ben Spies getting HRC factory ride was the funniest joke of all times !! What planet are you living ??? Rossi can get HRC or Yamaha factory ride with ease. Just keep that in mind how Rossi pissed Stoner at Le mans!!

Locks46+91+38&35

May 26, 2012 1:51 AM

@NutBallRacer
I have followed bike racing since the sixties so without visiting SperBikePlanet i have a feeling you are refering to the great Kel Carruthers. And you are certainly right about him been a person who would know what he is on about.

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »