MotoGP » Ben Spies believes in Catalunya turn around

“I really believe this weekend will see a turn around and we can get it back on track” - Ben Spies.

RickkyyP - Unregistered

May 28, 2012 6:52 PM

I don't think theres vast differences between these 1000's and the 800's, I think we are seeing the difference between a great former Superbike champ and a great MotoGP champ.

While I like the guy I can't ever see him winning a MotoGP championship... ever.

(As to the comment about only being on these tracks for 5 year, no one cares on race day)

it's all futile - Unregistered

May 28, 2012 7:06 PM

all the trolling doesn't matter at the end of the day. Im an american and even i acknowledge that the best rider out there is the Aussie. So sad to see him leaving. After this season you'll see moto gp become the spanish national championship. . . at least in the short term.

no bandwagon - Unregistered

May 28, 2012 7:14 PM

How would I would I be jumping "back" on the Hayden bandwagon. I've always liked Nicky because even when not on the best equipment you can tell that he's trying like hell. Not everyone is a troll though, I guess haters will be haters

Destro

May 28, 2012 7:18 PM

i'm a spies fan and i think he is good but not on the level as the other factory riders. I only hope to see him race amongst them at some tracks and score maybe the occasional podium. Thats probably what most of his fans are hoping for at least.

Panigale - Unregistered

May 28, 2012 7:27 PM

He's done something like this cycle before...2007 AMA championship, 2009 WSBK: Early success, then later issues, then figuring out the issues and getting back to success. He's got a tremendous amount of talent and is a thinking rider, and if he can get a good bike under him he's as fast as anyone out there. It's possible that Houseworth isn't up to setting up a factory bike properly, too.

bliz - Unregistered

May 28, 2012 7:37 PM

Clearly Ben has gone in the wrong direction with changes to his riding style and bike setup. He needs to find himself quickly. Unfortunately, time is not on his side to right this. I truly hope he figures this out and can start challenging the top guys every race.

Don-R

May 28, 2012 7:43 PM

If Spies is going to turn it around here is the place to do it. This was a strong track for him last year, so that should inspire some confidence. If he doesn't manage it here, it's hard to see where else it might happen. It's kind of a make or break event for his season.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »