MotoGP » Casey Stoner: I love Catalunya

“Ever since that moment I fell in love with the track...” – Casey Stoner.

Ich - Unregistered

May 29, 2012 6:39 PM

@ RocketR1

I think there was a rider racing the same way Stoner did, and it was Sic.
Not saying he was as good or anything, just he races in that same way -or even much worse at times :)- of getting on the bike and, basically... Abusing it :D.

I still remember when Sic took pole from Stoner and there was a last corner where those two seemed they wanted to use it as a freaking springboard to cross the finish line flying :D

Sparky62 - Unregistered

May 29, 2012 6:49 PM

I remember the day well. Hundreds of photographers waiting to watch Rossi throw a leg of the Ducati for the first time. Everybody full of anticipation as Rossi and Burgess had both made comments about how they were going to improve the bike and that Casey wasn't riding it to its full potential. In the meantime Stoner jumps on the Honda and after 32 laps he topped the timesheets and was only 0.5 from Pedrosa's time from the GP qualifying. Rossi managed to go over a second slower than Stoner did on the Ducati a few days before. After another 60 lasp Stoner went the fastest a Honda has ever gone around Valencia. The only person to beat his time that week was Stoner, on the Ducati that Rossi was making look bad! Different than the fairytale!

Southerner

May 29, 2012 8:34 PM

The positive is the weather forecast. Friday through Sunday predicts dry and consistent temperature all three days.
I hope the forecast stands the test of time.
Casey,well, he has fond Ducati memories of Catalunya.
2007 is the most memorable. Blitzing Valentino through the twisty bits and getting the hammer down on corner exit stands out. No wonder he loves the joint. One memorable race that was, no matter which side of the camp you sat in back then.
Spare me the HP advantage BS. Capirex was on the best and fastest bike:) Along with the best pay cheque within the team.

BoZz

May 29, 2012 9:05 PM

@ Sparky: "I am sure his kids would rather have him at home during their formative years than being dragged about the world to watch him race."

Yes, that's all good and well, But we were here before his daughter was, And I/we need him to race! I'm an Aussie like you but who else in in Australia is worth following in racing that accomplishes what Stoner does?... I'll have nothing once he's gone! Nothing I types ya!:rolleyes:

Rossi Stoned - Unregistered

May 29, 2012 10:39 PM

Even as a Rossi fan, I will miss Casey next season. One thing I won't miss however is the Stoner fans. Their posts are so rose tintedly biased. The ones who think Casey looks good in the pic is a worry! What's all that about?? I think the silly comments such as this have helped to turn people against Stoner unneccesarally. And the disrespect shown toward a certain 9 time WC is unforgiving. I can guarantee that Casey would disagree with all these silly comments.....people have said it before, mgp needs the likes of Stoner and Rossi.

bjr - Unregistered

May 29, 2012 11:30 PM

What's all the BS about wet races??

Did any of the Rossi fans actually watch ANY of the wet races last year and remember how their might hero performed in them?

I'll admit he showed good pace at Jerez until he fell off, and still showed good pace after he remounted but in ALL the other wet races he got his ar$$ handed to him.

I'm sorry, Rossi got lucky last round and was able to just hold off two satelite Yamaha's and two factory Honda's (which were handling like buckets of sh!ts given Pedro couldn't even keep up with the satellite Yams). Don't forget Stoner needed the 16 points alot more than a DNF although he did fight for 2nd harder then I expected him to.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »