MotoGP » Casey Stoner: I love Catalunya

“Ever since that moment I fell in love with the track...” – Casey Stoner.

Realist

May 30, 2012 5:58 AM

@ Sean03

Please help me understand this. Just because I present my perspective on the subject of Stoner being the "God of sliding" (which is entirely untrue), I'm somehow a fanboy now? No! What I am is tired of people perpetuating that Stoner is the king of the technique. This has nothing to do with Rossi, so how or why he entered the conversation is beyond me. I could show slide after slide (many which are much more glorious than what I've witnessed from Stoner), but it wouldn't add any more reason to the discussion because proof does not quell fanaticism.

Realist

May 30, 2012 6:03 AM

@ asefi

Casey slides "alone" with the best of them, but show me a Stoner slide-pass that rivals that one. Again, I'm not slighting Stoner. I think he's a formidable rider with the best rider/bike combination on the grid at the moment. It's just that some of the nonsense is tiring at times.

Painless

May 30, 2012 7:58 AM

Stoner slides his bike by having the most traction control.

Fascinating! How do you respond to such a contradictory statement? I cannot. Perhaps the writer is not a native speaker of English, or perhaps they think that traction control is like a trainer wheel that pops up when the bike is about to fall over.

hoppy

May 30, 2012 8:17 AM

Spot on Painless.
How the hell can you spin the back tyre into a bend when you are using the MOST traction control?
It is well noted amongst those in the sport that Casey probably uses less traction control than anyone else.Even the tv commentators have said as much.Some people on here,Slick,just like to make stuff up!

GPFan - Unregistered

May 30, 2012 8:49 AM

I've never been a Casey fan. Yes, he does seem to moan about this and that, and generally seems doom and gloom (even following a win). But i will put my hands up and say his riding talent at the moment is second to none. I won't miss him much on the grid though as it means we may get a leveller playing field for the other riders, his domination does get a little boring unfortunatley.

Grandfafa - Unregistered

May 30, 2012 8:58 AM

"Stoner using less traction control just because he slides the bike" is total rubish and does not have any technical basis at all! The reason the rubber sticks and tracks the ground while at full speed is thanks to the traction control. ask any engineer. This theory has been put out by stoner fans to uplift his non existent skill. just look at the wet race at lemans. no traction, no satisfaction. stoner is the rider who uses a whole lot of traction control and electronic aides. that is an actual fact if one has the mental aptitude to research the truth.

Aussie - Unregistered

May 30, 2012 9:17 AM

@Grandfafa
I have asked this question before,what did you think of stoners race in the rain at Silverstone last year? one of the commontators on TV said it was the greatest ride he seen in GP racing,give us your expert opinion.

Grandfafa - Unregistered

May 30, 2012 9:19 AM

@Aussie

"I have asked this question before,what did you think of stoners race in the rain at Silverstone last year?"

Nothing spectacular. Especially after last weekends lemans race. Except for pure speed when he is alone, nothing stoner does impresses me. I'd rather watch a midpack battle than stoner racing the clock.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »