MotoGP » Stoner podium run comes to ‘disappointing’ end

Casey Stoner rues the choice of hard tyres as he completes a race off the MotoGP podium for the first time in 26 finishes.

samas

June 04, 2012 7:28 AM

@JimmyJimmy.
As usual you get my tick of approval for all your posts on this thread.
As a lover of GP racing I think you've covered it all.
Nothing to add really.
Ps where's Swiss Judge, he must be over the moon.

JimmyJimmy

June 04, 2012 7:42 AM

@samas

"Ps where's Swiss Judge, he must be over the moon."

He's working 12 hour shifts to raise the money for this Saturday night's cask of cheap wine.

Interesting race, wasn't it? Lorenzo flying, Pedrosa out-performing Stoner, Stoner getting it so wrong after showing excellent pre-race pace, Dovi out-performing Stoner, Crutchlow getting a taste of running with a top rider, Bautista performing a bit better, Rossi having a better outing with the battle for third in sight, Spies showing speed then getting it all wrong then fighting back well, the Honda's making the judgement they couldn't run the soft tyre. I found the whole thing pretty interesting. How'd you see it?

samas

June 04, 2012 8:05 AM

@ Jimmy Jimmy.
I think this year will go down in history as the best for quite some time, those Yamaha's have really stepped up to the plate this year I personally don't think poor Dani will ever be a WC in Moto GP,it will be interesting to see how Dovi and Cal and even Ben goes this year I also think Casey will come back with a vengeance this year (hope I'm right)over many years of following GP racing I can't think of any worthwhile champion not being up front an battling for a podium Oh sorry I almost forgot about Rossi. now watch this comment disappear. ps Swiss Judge might have taken my advise and is finding out how much a bottle of black bush costs.

ron - Unregistered

June 04, 2012 8:32 AM

No wonder Casey wants to get out of MotoGP he makes genuine comments and all the rossi lovers are out in force slaging him off, get a life people. I can see Dorner getting all the rossi beaters on CRT bikes next year so rossi can win everything.
AND THEY WILL CALL IT ROSSIGP, MOTOGP IS BECOMMING ONE BIG JOKE

ffs - Unregistered

June 04, 2012 8:42 AM

I think Casey knew from early on and could see that the other riders on the soft tyre had too great a speed advantage. I think he then pretty much gauged what he could do and who he could keep up with and stuck with it.

Whether this is a bad tactic or trait I don't know, I am not the biggest fan of Casey but it aint heaps fun to watch as a motogp fan. It certainly is different from the Stoner we have seen before, that will ride the bike as fast or faster than it is capable (this is where he falls off). Maybe his mentality has changed cause I am sure his riding skills haven't.

It would be crap if stoner adopts this mentality for the rest of the year.

Dave - Unregistered

June 04, 2012 8:45 AM

@SammAss,

Motogp is already a joke if the "fans" think someone who has 9 titles is not a worthwhile champion.

His worth is his determination which in the darkest hours of his career see's him state he wants another 2 seasons where as the guy at the top of his game is quitting because people don't like him and don't treat him like the God he believes himself to be.

Something about a lunch box springs to mind....

Dave - Unregistered

June 04, 2012 8:51 AM

@ron,

So a guy who has been more successful over a longer period of time would be considered better, no???

If we could all choose the period to state our case, for example, if we only look at the Le Mans race 2012, you would have to say VR is better, no???

While these comment will P allot of CS fans off, the point is that it is your logic I am using....

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »