MotoGP » MotoGP podium trio give views on Marquez clash

Catalunya MotoGP top three Jorge Lorenzo, Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso give their views on the Marc Marquez/Pol Espargaro Moto2 clash.

breza34 - Unregistered

June 05, 2012 8:10 AM

Marc has big problems with other guys on the track - he simply doesn't care... It's "my track, my line" business, just like Lorenzo in 250s. He already ruined one podium for Luthi, now another for Pol... This is not Pedrosa/Simoncelli argument about points of breaking, this is bowling in Repsol colors.In any other country he would be disqualified. Who needs a cocky bowler in MotoGP?

JimmyJimmy

June 05, 2012 8:15 AM

@Waiting with baited breath

Thanks for your feedback on my essay. Always a privelage to have someone of your calibre 'contribute'.

As for "my idol"... You may think in terms of "idols", but don't confuse me for you :) Idols are for children and people looking for meaning outside themselves. I'll leave the idol worshipping to others.

As far as your question goes, yes he should have been penalised a minute. MM is my favourite rider coming through, just as Simo was one of my favourites, but if he keeps riding this way (as if no-one else is on the track), he will cause himself and/or other serious injury because he is bound to be involved in more accidents.

That being said, I'd much rather have a racer like Simo or MM than, say, Pedrosa or Dovi, because you can guide someone like MM to make better decisions, but it is next to impossible to instill that "I'm finishing in front of you no matter what" attitude into a racer who doesn't have it. Guys li

JimmyJimmy

June 05, 2012 8:16 AM

cont...

Guys like Simo, MM and Rossi are born with that mentality. It's a fantastic quality in a racer. Sometimes it needs to be chanelled. That's where MM is at. The sooner he reigns it in a touch (just a touch), the better off everyone will be. If it takes 1 minute penalties to help him understand his goals can be achieved without causing crashes, 1 minute penalties it will have to be.

Motojunky..

June 05, 2012 8:32 AM

Will be very interesting to see if a little 'get square' will happen in future races, and how that will be looked upon by the powers that be. Not that I in anyway condone that sort of behaviour, but hey, this clash (or crash) could possibly be the biggest turning point in the championship for 2012.

Rasputin - Unregistered

June 05, 2012 8:39 AM

All motogp riders and commentators interviewed about the incident said it was not MM's fault. Only 2 said 50/50 to blame. Now tell me how can you guys possibly be more informed than them? Wake up!

Motojunky..

June 05, 2012 11:00 AM

Stoner said he has seen worse. Yep, there have been some alright. The worse one I have seen was Caparossi/Harada for the world tile. This one pales into insignificance compared to that.
Those of you who haven't seen it. do yourself a favour. Nascar on 2 wheels, lol.

marikson - Unregistered

June 05, 2012 11:20 AM

Saying that it was one or another rider's fault is not equal with saying he's a bully rider or other nasty words. I'm not a fan of MM, nor of PE, but I think they both could have avoided the crash, but they didn't because they are to hot headed and they must calm down before hurting themselves or others. MM is an agressive rider, which is a characteristic to have for a champion, but being agressive is not the same with being idiferent to other riders. On the other hand, often, PE looks very impacient and this leads to silly mistakes. After all I think that in this case MM, once he ran wide into the turn, he should have kept the inside open once he knew PE is behind and might slot in.

marikson - Unregistered

June 05, 2012 11:22 AM

I think that once you make a mistake you should always remember that you are not racing alone. Take for example the Rossi - Stoner duel at Laguna Seca in 2009. They were both agressive in attacking and defending, but they very aware of the other.

ltr450 - Unregistered

June 05, 2012 12:18 PM

I raced, if I ran wide I tried to get back online as quickly as possible.

Pol's mid corner speed looked much higher than the Iannone and Luthi, so looked to put his bike into a space that was becoming smaller and smaller.

Plus he was not infront.

I heard of the incident before I watched the race, I wanted to blame Marc as his riding is dangerous at times, especially the cutting across another riders line in the breaking area's, but this was just a racing incident.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »