MotoGP » MotoGP podium trio give views on Marquez clash

Catalunya MotoGP top three Jorge Lorenzo, Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso give their views on the Marc Marquez/Pol Espargaro Moto2 clash.

Show some respect - Unregistered

June 05, 2012 12:28 PM

@hoppy

"Val and Casey said it wasnt Marcs fault.
Bahhh,what do they know!

Rolls eyes!"

So Hoppy is rolling his eyes eh? Is this your way of saying that anyone disagreeing with Stoner or Rossi MUST be wrong??

These are not infallible people who are always right. If you are saying we should all put our own opinions on hold and instead just parrot whatever Rossi or Stoner say, you should be rolling your eyes at yourself.

It only takes 2 seconds to find fault with your logic. At Laguna in 2008, both these guys were saying the opposite thing about the same incident. So one (at least) was wrong. Totally wrong. Yet you think when it comes to the Marquez incident, we should stop thinking for ourselves and simply adopt Rossi or Stoner's point of view? When we know for sure at least one of them has got it wrong in the past?

Time to grow up Hoppy. Instead of making sarcastic remarks at people thinking for themselves, acknowledge that everyone has a right to their own opinion. And try to re

hoppy

June 05, 2012 1:41 PM

Show some respect.
Well lets put it this way,whos opinion is going to carry more weight?
Yours?
Or two riders who have 11 world titles between them and who race week in week out for a profession?
I know whos opinions i agree with on this subject.

ex-loko.tkc.exe - Unregistered

June 05, 2012 1:57 PM

difficult to say, i think he should be more carefull,
more in that situation, all riders and drivers should know how to play as clean as hard

perenialnovice

sorry but dont compare Marquez with Schumacher,
i think (PLEASE TAKE NOTE IS MY OPINION, as near as posible the Real World) Schumacher is THE WORSE ATTITUDE that history could ever know, and even if Marquez is agressive, still SO FAR SCHUM WRONG ATTITUDE,

dont mind how much titles and records can stat SCHUM,
his attitude is simply deplorable, and all people that like it, not better

DreadUK - Unregistered

June 05, 2012 2:24 PM

It's the responsibility of the overtaking rider/driver to ensure the overtake is done safely. Marquez was perfectly entitled to come back onto his line, and if he couldn't see Pol then why shouldn't he. Pol should have been sure enough that he could make his presence known before diving in.

JimmyJimmy

June 05, 2012 2:30 PM

@hoppy

I think you're way off-base on this one. Why would anyone surplant their own opinion on an issue for the opinion of someone else? Not trying to be rude, but that is a bit stupid.

How many times have Rossi and Stoner looked at the incident? How closely did they analyse the incident? What camera angles did they watch? How much is the fact that MM and Stoner are sponsored by the same company contributing to Stoner's answer? How much is the fact that Rossi may be looking for a ride with Repsol next year influencing his answer? (If you don't think sponsor considerations like these influence what comes out of a racer's mouth then you can't have had any direct involvement with motorsport).

Unless you know the exact answer to each of the questions above, I think you are foolish to suggest that anyone saying something contrary to what Stoner and Rossi is saying something unlikely to be true. Your opin

hoppy

June 05, 2012 2:53 PM

Jim.the point i am trying to make is that Marcs and Pols incident has been watched and evaluated by guys who have forgotten more about motorcycle racing than we will ever know.They figured that no blame should be apportioned.I happen to agree with them.But some people here seem to be suggesting that Marc deliberately caused the crash with a wild move.This is ludicrous.Why make a deliberate move that could result in both you and your opponent being wiped out?
I guess we will have to agree to disagree in this one.

JimmyJimmy

June 05, 2012 3:29 PM

You're a stubborn ****** Hoppy :)

Don't take any of the following as a criticism per se, just some food for thought.

"Why make a deliberate move that could result in both you and your opponent being wiped out?"

You haven't raced have you, or if you have, it wasn't for high stakes was it? I was involved in championship racing (4 wheels) at the national level for 30 years. 10 as a racer, 10 as a crew chief and 10 as a sponsor. I once had a guy driving for me. He was a winner. We won 2 championships together and I learnt a lot from him. At one meeting he pulled off the most amazing move I had ever seen (on par with Rossi's pass on Lorenzo on the final corner at Catalunya). After the race, I said to him, "What was going through your mind??" I really wanted to know because I was simply in awe of the move and I knew I could never have pulled it off myself. His first response was, "Arrrrrhhhhhhhh!!!" We both laughed. On the trip home I asked him again about what was going through his mind

JimmyJimmy

June 05, 2012 3:30 PM

cont...

He had calmed down by this time and I was able to actually get words out of him. He said, "That was my corner and my race. Either I was going to win or we both were going into the gravel."

Just because these guys are on bikes doesn't mean you won't find guys with the exact same mentality. You stated that it is "ludicrous" to suggest that MM would make a wild, deliberate move that may also bring himself down. Hate to break it to you hoppy, but, as a general statement, you are wrong. I know it for a fact. Racers do indeed make such moves. On the bikes, Simo used to do it. And MM (in my opinion) is doing it. It is why he is involved in so many incidents. One of the things I really admire about Rossi is that he is like this too, but he is on the correct side of "crazy" but really close to the limit (exactly where you want your guy to be), whereas Simo was and MM currently is on the incorrect side.

Hope you enjoyed the story. One of my favourites. Sometimes it's just "Aaaarrrhhh!

« 4 5 6 7 8 9  »