MotoGP » Dovizioso: Great feeling with 'beautiful' Yamaha

“I have a great feeling with the Yamaha and it is beautiful to ride this bike” - Andrea Dovizioso.

Aussie - Unregistered

June 07, 2012 6:03 AM

Guys I think you all need to get a grip, yes Dovi is a great guy and a very good rider but as long as stoner and JLO is there he is not going to win much he may win the odd race but that is about it,don't forget he was on a works Honda for years and won nothing,but he is one of the good guys in GP racing.

SK27 - Unregistered

June 07, 2012 6:25 AM

Dovi was on the best bike last year as proven by it winning the championship with Stoner.
What he doesnt have is that last 5% needed to win races and championships, whether its talent or ambition who knows. Factory Yamaha wont change that IMO.

Aussie - Unregistered

June 07, 2012 6:25 AM

@motogp
and who gave rossi and all the other Yam riders a bike that could do it. one more time ENGINEERS how many times does it take to educate you guys,remember riders ride bikes ENGINEERS develope bikes,end of lesson.

OzzyHuckle - Unregistered

June 07, 2012 7:19 AM

Aussie.

Casey won't be there next year and if Dovi gets Ben's bike, I believe he won't be too far from Lorenzo on equal machinery.

As long as it's a hard fought battle for the tile, I don't really care who the main protagonists are - I just want to see some exciting racing.

Only time will tell.

Nick636

June 07, 2012 7:54 AM

Aussie

Ever thought maybe the Honda just didn't suit Dovi? I mean, Pedrosa has also not won a championship on the Honda, does that make him second rate?

Dovi is more competitive on the satellite Yamaha. And JL is leading, so maybe this "best bike" suits him? He certainly seems more competitive.

An engineer - Unregistered

June 07, 2012 8:01 AM

@Aussie
I haven't seen an engineer ride a bike fast enough to develop a MotoGP bike. A rider tells an engineer what they want in the bike to allow them to go fast.
I want more feel in the front, more grip in the back etc etc etc. The engineer then goes and tries to alter the bike (and I am not talking set up alter) until the rider feels comfortable to "reach their potential".
When will YOU learn, riders are an intergral part of development!

Nick636

June 07, 2012 8:19 AM

@ An Engineer

Now I'm AGREEING WITH AUSSIE. Sure the rider says he wants more feel, more grip, but that's just personal preference... Something a bunch of Rossi fans BLAME for Stoner doing well on the Ducati and no-one else.. So the pendulum swings both ways. Stoner said he wanted something and THE ENGINEERS decided the best way to achieve that. Sometimes it works, sometimes it goes sour.

My point is, I'm pretty sure Rossi never once decided how much shorter to make the swingarm, or how he wanted the cams to be altered etc. That was the engineers and Yamaha that developed that bike with Rossi AND LORENZO'S INPUT!

BUT PLEASE NOTE, I do agree that riders are an integral part of development. It's all about the understanding the rider has and the relationship he has with his team. Rossi, has a very strong knowledge of how a bike works, so he gives very accurate feedback apparently.

1 2 3 4  »