MotoGP » Dovizioso: Great feeling with 'beautiful' Yamaha

“I have a great feeling with the Yamaha and it is beautiful to ride this bike” - Andrea Dovizioso.

YAMAHAFAN1 - Unregistered

June 07, 2012 9:11 PM

@ Ben Spies.. I think Dovi was too far ahead of you at the last race for you to see he finished on the podium. Where were you? cough cough, oh yeah 10th...! Dovi manage a podium on a satellite team his 5th time out on the M1. Dovi and Cal are doing great! Both are worthy of a factory ride or support.

56degreeslean

June 07, 2012 10:28 PM

Hmmmm, how long did it take dovi to get on the podium in his rookie season? pole? win? I think spies has him beat in these departments. He is just having a bad start. I remember Jorge being a crasher before he finally learned. People really need to give him a break.

IanM - Unregistered

June 07, 2012 10:37 PM

Whatever your opinion of Dovi as a top drawer rider or not I love how he uses the words beautiful to ride this bike. This passion and enjoyment will guarantee his best in the races and as racing fans this can only be great news for all of us. However it is true that I am biased because all the Yamahas I have owned and ridden behaved beautifully too so it may not be because of Rossi or Lorenzo it may just be because Yamaha designers know how to make a bike steer sweetly and Hondas have always understeered into difficulties. Trust me I ran a Honda VF750 Interceptor, steered like s**t compared to the Yamaha FZ750 that replaced it.

Aussie - Unregistered

June 08, 2012 1:41 AM

@Nick636
I agree 100% with you,yes the rider gives feed back and that is important,but when engineers sit down to build and develope a bike eg engine,frame,suspension etc.how much input does a rider give? I would say zero and the reason I say that most of the riders left school at 14 and if you asked them to do a year 10 maths problem most of them could not do it,but on the other side could I ride a bike at 300kph like they do only in my dreams.so like I said riders ride bikes engineers build and develope bikes.

Joeski

June 08, 2012 3:16 AM

Hey fellas, I like Dovi a lot too but let's face it on the best equipment he is a podium finisher not a winner or a title challenger. To put things into perspective he is NOT doing better this year than his previous years on honda but he is doing great on a satellite bike to outshine the factory guy (Spies). It is still early and Spies could conceivably turn this around. Yamaha likes Spies, they will not let him go unless his whole year is like it is now. That will not happen Spies will bounce back.
TBH not sure what to do with Dovi..he is an asset in MotoGP and has earned his place but has not proved title contending ability on the best equipment. PS Pedrosa has regardless of whether he has failed to win the title or not. DP did place 2nd a couple times in the WC so Honda kept him and he wins races! Spies keeps messing up then yeah Dovi is the best option but Cal is in there too.

Nick636

June 08, 2012 7:40 AM

Joeski

I like Dovi, I'm not saying I'm a huge fan (Though I like him way more than Pedrosa) But I'm a Stoner, Crutchlow and Spies fan more. But you need to look at things in Perspective. Just as Rossi WAS a title contender on the Yam and the Honda, he ISN'T on the Ducati. Dovi is getting the same results on the SATELLITE Yamaha that he was on the FACTORY Honda. Maybe the Honda REALLY just didn't suit him. OR, maybe getting the axe from Honda was enough to give him a boot up the posterior? Whatever it was, he is a past champion, so, as I've said about Aoyama, no doubt has the ability to go fast.

Have Your Say Comments
15 agree. 2 disagree.
Dovi was on the best bike last year as proven by it winning the championship with Stoner.
What he doesnt have is that last 5% needed to win races and championships, whether its talent or ambition who knows. Factory Yamaha wont change that IMO.
Posted by SK27 - Unregistered (1 day 11 hours ago)

And Dani? Dani has it the last 5%.....no realy not, he has years in motogp and has achieved? nothing.
Dovi is the better rider.

Aldough i think Dani would perform exelent on an Yamaha M1

Joeski

June 08, 2012 10:39 PM

hey Nick636,

I did not click on disagree with your comment.
However, I do disagree that Dovi is doing better on the yamaha. The truth is it is too early to tell because he was consistently on the podium on the Honda, that is why he was not axed at the end of 2010. What I think bodes well for him is that he is up there and he is doing it on a satellite machine. The question you elude to is ..if he is doing this on a satellite bike then the factory bike would be that much better than he had on the Honda? In this case it is difficult to argue that "if not A then B" only the future will tell. The future development of the Yamaha may suit Lorenzo more than Dovi and he could end up with the same result. 3rd rate or last of the Yamaha.. the only real tangible evidence we have is that he was on the best machine last year and could not get it done, could not even win a race and barely beat an injured Pedrosa who missed many races. If you rate Pedrosa low on the todem pole then Dovi is even lo

Joeski

June 08, 2012 10:41 PM

cont'd

...then Dovi is even lower. Again, i really like this dude and he deserves aplace I this sport. Truth is I want him to do well but I am unsure of his ability to surpass what he has already done.

« 1 2 3 4  »