MotoGP » Moto2: Espargaro talks Marquez rivalry

"We do not need to be friends, but we need to feel a fierce mutual respect and admiration" - Pol Espargaro on Marc Marquez.

Doctor Chocolate - Unregistered

June 14, 2012 10:02 PM

I really like both of these guys and I honestly think this will be the rivalry of MotoGP's next generation. Pol reminds me a little bit of Sete. But... My loyalty stands as always with Marquez.

banmc - Unregistered

June 15, 2012 2:45 AM

@Doctor Chocolate

Funny I was a die-hard fan of Marquez until recently as well, but after seeing some of the dirty moves he has pulld lately I have lost a lot of respect for him.

He comes across as more of an entitled brat to me now :/

Go Espargaro!

dan geddes - Unregistered

June 15, 2012 6:18 AM

From someone who pays attention to footballers and what they say, can I just mention how nice it is to be a motorsport fan, and hear the level of class guys like Pol exhibit. What a sportsman. Keep up the great entertainment boys!!!

herewego - Unregistered

June 15, 2012 8:14 AM

That's all fair enough, but I seriously think Marquez is pushing the line between acceptable riding and unacceptable riding just that bit too far!! Someone is gonna get hurt, badly hurt before long if Marquez doesn't have his aggression reigned in!!

miggy - Unregistered

June 15, 2012 8:48 AM

for my own point of view marc is just too aggressive and its not good to all riders riding a prototype machine.. if marc is mimicking the riding style of the doctor, number 93 its not working.

Dangerboy - Unregistered

June 15, 2012 9:17 AM

Classy piece of philosphical thinking but I wouldnt be respecting someone that doesnt respect me back... Marquez is an aggressive little ****** thats gonna hurt someone

Twissta

June 15, 2012 9:26 AM

When Pol first hit the scene I told my fellow racer yoda to watch this guy, I saw then hidden talent and with time he will be one to watch and sure as potty stinks he has made his name in the hearts of many and put his stamp on the grid. He has taken his time to come up through the ranks and getting more and more seasoned. With his mature statement I have even more respect for him as a racer and a young man. Pol keep your head and use this opportunity as a stepping stone for the long haul......one love and as James Ellison told me at Fontana some years ago "KEEP IT LIT MATE"

1 2  »