MotoGP » Ellison vindicated by Byrne feedback

“It was a big relief because a tiny part of me was thinking 'maybe he gets on the bike, doesn't have a problem and is three seconds faster'. But it turned out he was three seconds slower” – James Ellison.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Oli - Unregistered

June 14, 2012 9:52 PM

I wasn't particularly inspired when I heard Ellison was back in MotoGP. I thought of him as a top six BSB runner but nothing better.

I have to say though he has done a very solid job so far this season. If it's wet (which it looks like it will be) he has to be one of the favourite's for the CRT win.

Oli

srad - Unregistered

June 14, 2012 10:07 PM

Now then Birdy! it must be time to round on the fitters, because it must be someone's fault that it isn't working, Shakey's confirmed it isn't Ellison's, so maybe it's time to have a ridout elsewhere,

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

June 14, 2012 10:34 PM

I think this is old news (slow news day). Shakey rode the bike in a test ages ago (it was reported in MCN several editions ago). The teams best result happened after Aprilia gave them some assistance with the electronic settings - plus obviously some excellent riding by Ellison.

Hope the team do well at Silverstone

tommy - Unregistered

June 15, 2012 5:11 AM

Good job Ellison.. I like the guy a lot, I hope he can keep up the hard work. Depuniet is going to be hard to beat, he has been riding motogp forever and a day, tonnes of experience, getting right up there with him would be an incredible result.

aeaventures - Unregistered

June 15, 2012 7:19 AM

Going public on Elison at the BSB round was not the coolest thing PB has ever done and as it turns out certainly not the smartest either, great that James is vindicated and as one of the other blogs says maybe now he will start looking elsewhere to sacrifice some poor bastard, cant believe they get leathers made just to have a run out by the way!!

Nick636

June 15, 2012 7:27 AM

I gave him a lot of flack when I heard he got the ride, and honestly, I still don't think he is THE rider for the job, yet I only think 3 of the CRT riders deserved the spot. Ellison REALLY REALLY STRUGGLED in Supersport last year, but he seems to be giving it a go and performing better than I expected.

I do find it worrying that the CRT's have almost completely halted progress since the promising improvements we saw when Randy and Colin rode their bikes for the first time. But Aleix is the only rider besides those two that I think is REALLY worthy of that spot. If there was more testing time and budget and the other bikes had really TOP riders on (eg. Johnny Rea, Leon Haslam, Marco Melandri... ) they would make much better progress.

McbainUK

June 15, 2012 8:58 AM

Speaking about going down the pan.. I see News Corp have got their mucky fingers onto Dorna and Sky Italia have the rights over there.

How long before us Brits will see MotoGP go the way of F1. There's no way I'll ever give money to that slimy old toad Murdoch.

dcgr - Unregistered

June 15, 2012 10:03 AM

Yes Moto2 and Moto3 are more watchable but that's because there's a full grid of them, not 7-8 bikes. Moto2 and Moto3 is the same as CRT. Chassis manufacturers and purchased engines. Only Hondas in Moto2 but I hear that could change. Take way the 10 prototypes and have 30 CRT bikes and you have Moto2/3 type racing, a bit like WSBK, only slower.