MotoGP » PICS: Valentino Rossi’s fall in Silverstone qualifying

"It's a bit strange that Valentino and I did the exact same crash, but maybe we can understand something from the data" - Nicky Hayden.

VR forever - Unregistered

June 17, 2012 12:42 AM

Hi Liam, I feel your pain too. I can't believe those 10 other riders cheated and qualified ahead of Rossi. Stoner put oil on the track too. That's why Rossi crashed.

Objective - Unregistered

June 17, 2012 1:13 AM

I've watched the replays a number of times and the compression of the front tyre when the rear wheel becomes unweighted is very concerning. When the tyre loses shape like that on a cold track the level of control drops dramatically. I saw a couple of other riders have "moments" there as well without coming off so it will be a scary situation in the race as it is normally one place you can overtake on that track - at least on 4 wheels.

bjr - Unregistered

June 17, 2012 1:15 AM

@ RambRho

You raise some good points. The slomo shows then to be close to identical, with the front breaking away just after the back wheel leaves he ground. Only the guys at Ducati would know what the ECU told the rest of the bike to do at that moment, it would be interesting to know if the ECU on both bikes reacted the same way at that point in time and what effect that would have?

josh - Unregistered

June 17, 2012 1:39 AM

NIGO1T
You are a one of those guys,that believes that rossi is soo important to motogp,that if everything is not going right for him, that you should sack the whole establishment. Correct? Take ducati out of motogp for the last 10 years and what would we have got? ill tell you what it would of been a farce.Take ducati away now and it will be an even bigger farce.cheers

Liam48 - Unregistered

June 17, 2012 2:42 AM

@CRT GIVE YOU A BREAK? ohh wait you must be a Rossi basher! If you read my comment I said " Rossi & Hayden need a better bike" but you come along and just pick out the Rossi bit as all the Rossi bashers do! If I thought Rossi was at fault I would say but it all the Ducati riders are struggling but disguise it well! I think Hayden is a much better rider than he was in 06 and would be very high up on a Yamaha or Honda so I think he deserves a better bike too, spare me your bull**** and stop picking out bits you want just to make an argument, you're like a journalist! It may be Rossi's fault he's at Ducati but anyone that is as good as he is and has struggled as good as he has deserves a competitive bike!

Guy - Unregistered

June 17, 2012 3:14 AM

I dont mean to thank anything from Rossi with my comment, I am a Rossi fan too but I think that either Ducati is just not following his input to the letter or they are sticking to their own technical philosophies too much.

Liam48

June 17, 2012 3:42 AM

@Guy I think it was a bit of both but since Qatar they quote Presiosi "we will listen to Valentino and Jeremy more" they are taking their views but it could be too late, who knows until Laguna Seca/Brno!

« 1 2 3 4  »