MotoGP » 'Long list' of work needed at Honda

“We developed this whole bike around the old tyre and one third of the way through the season they've put a new tyre into it” - Casey Stoner.

bjr - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 12:12 AM

When Casey came to Repsol he crushed Dani first time out and Dani only lucked in a few good results over Stoner when Stoner had problems. Now Stoner is flat out staying in front of Dani as well as the satellite Honda's and Yamaha's.

Dani hasn't gone backwards, Bautista is putting his machine where it should be but WTF is happening with Stoners bike.

Right now I feel that after Stoner announced his retirement Honda has had to strike a deal with Dorna AND Yamaha to get the rookie rule scrapped to put Marquez on the bike, and NOT letting Casey win this years WC is part of that deal.

I still remember Repsol knobbling Doohan's bike for a Spanish race, as if breaking a powervalve cable after qualifying and not finding it even after Mick complained something wasn't right in the morning warmup wasn't compete horsesh!t...

Rossi & Casey fan - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 12:42 AM

A spanish news outlet is reporting the current Moto GP Rookie rule has been cancelled for 2013, meaning the incoming Marc Marquez potentially has Casey's bike for next year. Rossi will thus have to stay on the Ducati as Cal or Dovi are getting Ben's bike at this rate.

I'd prefer to see Casey on the Honda battle Jorge in 2013 than watching Marc learning how to ride the 1000c against the Aliens who will zoom off into the distance like a UFO. I still hope Casey will review his decision to leave the series as we'll be missing a great racer. Today's race showed that yet again.

Liam48

June 18, 2012 12:49 AM

@Rossi & Casey fan I announced that quite a few houyrs back but it hasn't been confirmed antwhere else!

I wouldn't believe much that comes from the Spanish media as Marquez is Spanish so their story will sell if they say he's signed for Repsol but I think it will happen very soon and I agree with you I think Rossi will have to stay with Ducati next year, I hope he doesn't as he'll be able to challenge Lorenzo on a good bike but I fear he'll have a sad end to his career at Ducati!

tom - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 1:51 AM

I know people will go nuts when I say this but i dont think that the honda bike is as good as it looks. I think casey is just able to ride any bike really well. I think Honda are in for a tough few years because if casey is struggling than everyone else will flounder on it

bjr - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 2:18 AM

@ tom,

If Stoner wasn't struggling with Bautista, I'd say that the Honda's in general have a problem but there's something else that isn't right. Also, Dani's performance on the Honda isn't too far off what he's been doing on it for the last 6 years.

fastfisheye

June 18, 2012 3:36 AM

As I understand the spec tyre has been available from the start of the season, just that Repsol HRC have chosen not to work on it so far, even knowing it would be the only one available from Silverstone onwards. All others including Sat Hondas have found a way to work with it, so Repsol should up their effort.

With Ped and AB so close to Casey i don't understand comments that Casey is really superior to everyone but the bike is letting him down.

I think Casey has lost a bit of his edge and I see Ped and AB continuing to get closer.

M1M - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 3:37 AM

Finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th ahead of all but one of the factory Yamaha's means Honda isn't as good as it looks? I bet Ducati wish they had the same 'problem'!

a/stars - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 3:45 AM

c'mon crash, where's my post? dacron and i haven't slag anyone and were talking about that honda needs to fix and yet you deleted my post. if u don't like stoner and honda don't put any topic.FFS

Dave - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 5:04 AM

Other teams and riders are "common" and that's why they don't win. Casey doesn't win and its obviously a Spanish conspiracy involving the most villainous masterminds with the sole purpose to bring down the little Aussie.

Yeh...at this point, the men in white coats administer your sedation medication!!!

No doubt the changes to rules & tyres are hurting but they impact all and I thought Stoner could ride anything and around any problem??

Not that long ago, Stoner fans where quoting Rossi's 80 seconds, not pushing etc. What goes around comes around only this has come around very fast. What a world we live in:)

Robero - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 7:10 AM

@fastfisheye
Are you serious? With that thinking is Hayden and sometimes Barbara superior to Rossi? You can see Stoner doesn't have the confidence. You can SEE the chatter. Amazes me that he manages to beat Ped normally even when he's really struggling. If they cure the front issues Casey will be gone. The Yam is THE bike this year hence why Tech 3 are soo strong consistently.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »