MotoGP » 'Incredible' last to sixth for injured Cal Crutchlow

"It was a very tough race but I just had to try and ignore the pain and let the adrenaline and support of the British crowd get me through" - Cal Crutchlow

Pomsmell - Unregistered

June 19, 2012 4:43 AM

Whats all the fuss about, you guys think he is the next great white hope but he hasn't even come 3rd yet.

So he had to pass some CRT bikes- like that was hard
He had to pass some 9 times Chump- like that was hard
Couple of rookies - like that was hard

When and IF he even wins a race then he would be great but until then he just passed some rookies, CRT and a has-been

Hookem

June 19, 2012 6:41 AM

Props to Mr. Crutchlow for putting in a gutsy performance for riding injured and getting a great finishing position.

I tend to agree with some of the posters who think passing the CRT's and some Ducati's is not in my mind anyway viable reasoning for all this Cal is the second coming business.

He is on the best bike by far this year. The Honda's and Ducati's just are not even in the same ballpark as the Yamaha's.

I would like to congradulate Mr. Crutchlow for what I consider a great performance. He showed the world true grit at Silverstone something he and his fans of which I am one something to be proud of.

Hey Cal hope you get back to tip-top ASAP.

Good Luck in Assen !!!!!

Zzzz - Unregistered

June 19, 2012 1:29 PM

"Agree with Hoppy. Crash forum is the home of backstabbing faceless trolls. There are a few with sense though but most just come on to slate and get reactions. SHOULD BE REGISTERED USERS ONLY"

This was posted by an unregistered poster! LOLOLOLOL
Posted by LOL!

@LOL, LOL! a registered user Q.Q and an unregistered user support that registered user by saying SHOULD BE REGISTERED USERS ONLY :p
what do you think? LOL, just LOL.

hoppy

June 19, 2012 1:44 PM

Ted,i havent bullied anyone.I have tried to defend riders from trolls who come here specifically to post inflamitory comments and cause harm to the forum.But the moderators here dont seem to be interested in dealing with the problem.Instead they accuse me of stirring and delete my posts.This forum has got steadily worse over the years and has now been almost infested with trolls who are out to cause trouble.Surely i am not alone in wanting to see the end of this.
Oh well,you cant say i didnt try.Let the trolls win.

trolls - Unregistered

June 19, 2012 3:21 PM

so, what did you post to "defend riders"?
and what kind of harm to the forum do you mean?

imo, this forum has got steadily better over years with moderators finally sweep rule-breaking posts.

Hookem

June 19, 2012 3:42 PM

Out of the literally 100 or so forums I frequent CrashNet is the only one that will allow non members to post.

I personally think it stinks. But it is fairly obvious from the 100 or so comments and the number of registered users that most of the UK fans have some reason for not wanting to be registered members.

I for one think CrashNet would be a much more civil forum with posters staying on point and dropping a bunch of the BS that goes on here.

I will say it once again. CrashNet would be a much better place if only registered members could post here. At least make the posers get a bogus email account so if they want to troll and flame it will take a couple of keystrokes to stir the pot.

phil arm - Unregistered

June 19, 2012 3:45 PM

why dont some of you guys criticising cal try riding even a 600 cc race bike with a broken ankle see how easy it is to shift your weight around the bike to get it into the corners properly and brake for the corners and even accelerate out of the corner.

Hookem

June 19, 2012 4:04 PM

Am I missing something here ??? Mr. Crutchlow went racing with a broken ankle. Okay. Cal uses a bowling ball bag to carry his testicles around.

But if memory serves me right I really cannot think of one rider who has not done the same thing.

Cal had a great race and did very well indeed. But I really do not think it is some earth shattering thing that makes Mr. Crutchlow any better than any one of the 100's who have come before him and done the very same thing has done.

Cal did good. No doubt but some of you guys are going just a wee bit overboard in my opinion talking like Mr. Crutchlow walked where no man has set foot before.

Again...Props to Mr. Crutchlow for a bang up job at Silverstone. And here is me hoping he gets back to full form soon...Very soon.

« 7 8 9 10 11 12  »