MotoGP » Pedrosa: I saw the image of two Repsols on the ground...

“I was too far back and I saw the image of the two Repsols on the ground!”- Dani Pedrosa.

Not good enough - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 9:59 AM

Little Dani has been given the very best bikes possible in his career, like they are trying to do with marquez now, too many spaniards on factory bikes in the spanish run series.

Very soon all their banks will be bust and the sponsorship pool will dry up, hopefully we will get a more level playing field in MOTOGP with more than 50 percent of the riders from another country and less than 95 percent of the fast bikes taken by the organisers countrymen.

Liam48 - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 10:14 AM

Pedrosa if you start thinking like that it could be bad for future races, not taking a risk but you were too far back so I respect and agree with your decision!

Also I thought he would have easily past Stoner as he eased up behind him in two laps!

jan de kwiebus - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 10:16 AM

Danny knows that Casey is Honda's choice for the championship, so he's not going to rock the boat.
Herve has sure changed his tune since last year when he criticised Cal for coming into the pits to have the front end checked out during a race.

I tried again at the last chicane but I was too far back and I saw the image of the two Repsols on the ground!” smiled Pedrosa, who infamously collided with team-mate and title leader Nicky Hayden at Estoril in 2006.

“I went wide so I didn't get him and settled down for third.”

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 12:05 PM

Dani is a great rider. He might never have everything fall into place so that he can win the title, but at the moment only Casey and Jorge are better riders.

Less knockinng - more appreciation of the guys talent on a bike I think!

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 12:09 PM

@Not good enough - If the Spanish economy and banks fail then it certainly won't be good for MotoGP. There aren't hordes of replacement sponsors in Britain and other countries waiting to step in with fat cheque books desperate to support motorcycle racing. If there were, they would already be sponsors!

Claes

June 18, 2012 12:41 PM

Hi
If Danni want to win he can he was only 5 points behind and if this happens Repsol and Honda would be very happy, because 7 years and he doen nothing:)
and he have done it before and wrecking WC hopes for team mates:)
Cheers Claes