MotoGP » Dovizioso: I could have battled Stoner for second

't is a real shame because I had the possibility to fight for second place' - Andrea Dovizioso

Smokin - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 10:32 AM

Dovi's move to Yamaha seems to have given him a new lease of life. Herve and Yamaha must be rubbing their hands having Dovi and Cal both riding so well. I still expect Spies to come good, and hope he does, but he really is under more pressure after this weekend.

Da Rock

June 18, 2012 11:31 AM

Coulda woulda shoulda.

But didn't.

Coulds don't equal points.

Personally I think Cal deserves a factory ride more than Dovi. Dovi's had his chance on factory Honda kit and couldn't deliver. Cal's riding as well as Dovi so give him his shot.

And I'm not a pom

win - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 1:09 PM

This just shows how dominant the Yamaha is and how fast both Stoner and Pedrosa are.

Lets face it, Dovi couldn't hold a candle to either Stoner or Pedrosa when they were teammates. The Honda this year really is a dog.

Sachinmotogp

June 18, 2012 3:52 PM

dovi made some hard moves on dani and spies earlier... he was more than over the limit there... he was trying to out brake everyone who wanted to pass him in every corner... that isnt the way you race.... i don't know what point he wanted to prove there but while he was battling with dani it looked like last years valencia race...

django - Unregistered

June 18, 2012 8:01 PM

“I had just taken third and was really confident I could finish on the podium when I crashed and I am not happy about it because I didn't expect it.

“It happened when I felt most comfortable with the bike and I definitely was not over the limit.”

yeah wright it,s a good tire that bs33 hahahaha.
i think casey and pedro are wright about the tire .
seeing who crasht over the weekend and nobody knows how or why .

Tetley

June 18, 2012 10:23 PM

"Lets face it, Dovi couldn't hold a candle to either Stoner or Pedrosa when they were teammates.
They were never team mates. Honda were forced to give Dovi a ride due to contractual obligations, so they put him in another team, NOT the factory squad. He still got acceptable results and a good position in the championship. There's no question that he is a capable and talented rider. If Dovi goes to Yamaha, Cal going to Honda would provide some keen duels. But I'd rather see Cal with the Yamaha factory ride because his no-nonsense, laid-back attitude is a welcome breath of fresh air.

aeolus

June 18, 2012 11:11 PM

Dovi's always up front or close to it but never able to convert it to a podium. At some point the is going to lose credibility as a possible contender. Like Spies. So far, no one looks able to challenge the three top runners which makes for boring races.

1 2  »