MotoGP » Cal 'pushing boundaries' in battle to overcome injury

'The doctors said eight to ten weeks… I have to be very careful because I don't want to make the injury worse, but I'm a motorcycle racer and I have to push the boundaries' - Cal Crutchlow

Hemmy - Unregistered

June 20, 2012 1:44 PM

Getting past 14 riders, and finishing only a few seconds behind a fully fit factory yamaha rider, and just 15 seconds from the leader, with a busted ankle and a satalite bike was simply an amazing performance.

Although it was 'omnly 6th', that would not have gone un-noticed by Yamaha and every other factory team for sure.

A true gutsy performance frpom a very down to earth guy.

fast eddie boredom - Unregistered

June 20, 2012 6:15 PM

i want to see the timber chipmunk or whatever in a factory team but I wish he would gets some top 3 results this year.
I think the factory teams look at the result sheets at the end of the year instead of media and fanboy jaw flapping.

bri t

June 20, 2012 9:46 PM

Dude, stop with the could have, if, buts, and maybes.

Lap times are one thing but the race is another.

You'll end up putting too much pressure on yourself to get a podium every 'next race'.

Dannyboy

June 21, 2012 12:49 AM

I'm sure this will bring a lot of backlash, but of all the riders, including Rossi, I would like to see Cal next to Nicky at Ducati next year. If styles make matches (and Ducati find something) then Cal and Ducati could be very interesting.

Don-R

June 21, 2012 1:02 AM

@ Dannyboy

Right now that's looking like a very realistic possibility. Particularly if the new engine upgrades at Ducati don't satisfy Rossi. He'll then want out for sure, leaving Ducati needing a teammate for Nicky.

wild speculation - Unregistered

June 21, 2012 9:32 AM

@ Dannyboy

I can see what you mean about Cal and the Ducati. If the engine upgrades dont satisfy Rossi and he does leave like Don-R suggests, perhaps Ducati might have a clear out of BOTH riders and replace Hayden with Spies instead (to keep in favour with the large US market).

I dont know what it is, but I get a feeling that Hayden already knows he wont be a factory Ducati rider next year

1 2  »