MotoGP » Spies, Edwards take sideswipe at Rookie Rule change

'Heard the rookie rule is being changed back again... Sometimes I guess we need a diff passport?' - Ben Spies to Colin Edwards on Twitter

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Nick636

June 21, 2012 9:27 AM

@ herewego

Casey is not leaving because of the rookie rule. I think it is also evident, through the current saga with Bridgestone not offering the older tyre as an option, after the defending world champion says he basically hates the new one, that the word of the riders, unless spanish, and sometimes italian, means SWEET BUGGERALL!!!

Casey is leaving because him and his family made massive sacrifices for him to get to "The Pinnacle of Motorcycle Racing"... Now, that pinnacle is being transformed into a bargain bin where the bikes are slower than SBK bikes, and DORNA/Ezpeleta are trying to PHASE OUT THE FACTORIES?!?! Casey has also commented on how much of a joke THAT situation is, to which most said "Moaner", but it is true, this is no longer Prototype racing, and no longer the Greatest series.

realfan

June 21, 2012 9:46 AM

What a lot of sh1t, why should the rules be changed just to accommodate 1 rider or team/sponsor? If there isn't a ride available for him then that's just tough t1tty, will Dorna change their mind again if mm doesn't make the grade and blame it on the pressure of being in a factory team without the experience to handle it.
Money obviously talks in this championship.

Ninja - Unregistered

June 21, 2012 9:54 AM

Mr. Spies, I'd concentrate on my riding efforts and holding onto my factory gig at YAMAHA if I were you.

What was Mr Spies's Options in 2010 ? He was destined to Ride for YAMAHA, (well intially Suzuki but P.Denning thought he wasnt good enough, how lucky for him now in hindsight) so was Mr Lyn Jarvis dropping #46 or Jorge for a Superbike champion ? I dont know why they called it the Spies rule because Ben Spies didnt have much options other than Tech 3 If at all HONDA knocked, then it was to unsettle YAMAHA and force them into a move.

Spies Rule ?

KatyM

June 21, 2012 10:18 AM

Ben is probably more worried about a rooky stealing HIS seat. Brad smith has been promised a motogp yamaha ride with tech 3 but a factory offer could allow Poncheral to retain his current riders and let Bradley jump straight onto the factory ride. There are too many riders for too few competitive seats in motogp. There should be more incentive for manufacurers to make prototypes. The CRT's are a joke, not as fast as WSBK.

Nick636

June 21, 2012 10:19 AM

@ pcxmac

Now that you got your little tantrum out the way there, I hope you feel a little better about yourself. Are you telling me that if it was ALL CRT's, running slower times than SBK (Which I believe is a much better race series) that you would see CRT as the PREMIER RACING CLASS IN THE WORLD?!?! Please...

Rim tape... NO! Slip on, yes.... As someone who actually rides my bike, vommuting it through traffic, I think it's a good idea people can actually hear me coming...

Also, I NEVER said Casey was leaving because of diminishing grid numbers... He said himself that he doesn't like where the future of the series is heading. And last year he had a few interviews where he was HIGHLY critical of the CRT idea.

Don't get me wrong, I have said all along that it would be great to have them competing, but not a two-tier championship. They need to get more competitive, but that will cost money, it will be very expensive. They need to curb the rule changes and curb what the factories ch

Roofusruffcut - Unregistered

June 21, 2012 10:40 AM

Reality check min order. Rossi and Lorenzo were in the Yamaha factory team in 2010. If Spies thinks he'd have replaced either of them if the rookie rull hadn't been in place, he has I'm afraid lost the plot.

Nick636

June 21, 2012 10:47 AM

PCXMAC

NOW, THERE I AGREE WITH YOU! They do still get the finger.. And the occasional side mirror removed... Apparently the M5's mirror is quite expensive, I guess after buying a new one the guy will now learn to use it! :p

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »