MotoGP » Assen still a pain in the neck for Stoner

"Hopefully we can go there, be competitive and avoid any injury like last year when I hurt my neck, which still causes me problems now" - Casey Stoner.

jae - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 12:29 PM

I don't understand, he announces retirement everyone, Ooo it won't be the same, ,MotoGP will miss him. 6-8 weeks later , urgh he's moaning, does he ever stop.
Stop with the bitching and enjoy the sport, quitting while you're ahead is honourable, becoming a mobile chicane is a bad place to be.

Jealous much? - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 12:42 PM

I watch in amazement at all the MotoGP riders and marvel at their skill but I will miss watching the CS crossed-up power slides the most.
I can't believe some of the comments I read about riders attitudes & personality.
I think a lot of the negative comments are from people who are just jealous. Jealous of all the MotoGP riders who's skill and ability on a bike, put a smile on millions of faces every few weeks.

Tetley

June 25, 2012 12:55 PM

"last year I hurt my neck, which followed us for the season and still causes me problems now,” revealed Stoner."
Or to put it another way, "I thought I'd better start getting my excuses in early, so I'm covered if I mess up, and I'm wonderful if I overcome it."
@Codger, It semms even you realised his comments sounded like moaning, and that prompted your posts.
I don't hate Stoner, not one slightest little bit, when he's on form he's a blazer, but he'd do himself a heap of credit if he'd just get on with the job.He should count his blessings, and there are many, instead of consistently listing what the world has against him.

Come on HRC,u guys can't afford to losing this great chance by not giving 100 percent efforts to help Casey win the tittle this season since his retirement announcement.we won't take away anything of the Honda achievement.And in that case,we will thank you for giving Casey a trust in high quality work ethic.

separated

June 25, 2012 1:38 PM

Stoner is so fast because he takes in every little detail, how else did he manage to win on a Ducati? He's not a simpleton by any means, I find the things Stoner says far more interesting than any other rider because he gives a lot more insight than any other rider. If that's moaning, then it sure as hell works for him!

Stevegp

June 25, 2012 1:48 PM

@ tealeaf
How do you want Casey to get on with the job by winning a world championship or 2 or by coming second with 11 races to go really get a grip on reality mate

DB8

June 25, 2012 2:09 PM

He's talking about being on the edge of the tyre on this track a lot, so the existing chatter and still thinking abuot last years crash might affect his confidence.

I hope I'm wrong though. I'd love to see a race long scrap between him and JL.

1 2 3 4 5  »