MotoGP » Crutchlow: They've got to pass me fit for Assen

"If they pass me fit at Silverstone, they've got to pass me fit at the next race unless I have an operation - and I won't be having an operation” - Cal Crutchlow.

conrod - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 6:01 PM

I had a triple fracture of the ankle 18 months ago
and the operation was the only option.
Cal you are a brave guy and all the best as i know

the stakes and rewards for success are very high.

Don-R

June 25, 2012 6:22 PM

It was after Silverstone last year that Cal's confidence took a hit while riding with the broken collarbone, so these are going to be a very testing and painful 3 weeks of races. Hopefully he'll come through ok this time and keep up the momentum. Good luck to him.

oldbiker - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 6:25 PM

These guys get one shot at glory and good luck to Cal for guts.

However, (there's always a "however"), Assen is totally unlike Silverstone with its tight twists and turns so I sincerely hope he does'nt end up either crashing or aggravating his injuries to such an extent he is either sidelined or severely hampered for the rest of the season.

Ben1

June 25, 2012 6:32 PM

"If they pass me fit at Silverstone, they've got to pass me fit at the next race unless I have an operation - and I won't be having an operation” - I like his logic!

Anyway, I don't think it will affect his performance. The only problem could be, as the poster before me mentioned, another crash and worsen his injuries. I hope it won't happen, this year he has less accidents then in the past.

billyandmollysdad - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 7:37 PM

No pun intended here, but i hope he does'nt try and run before he can walk...
The worst thing he could do is crash his brains out trying too hard to prove a point.
Hope i'm wrong and he gets his long awaited podium.

Leo - Unregistered

June 25, 2012 8:27 PM

Please Yamaha give him a contract ASAP and then allow him to recover. It would be a wonderful investment in a great rider for Yamahas future!

1 2 3  »