MotoGP » Moto2: Marquez, Espargaro penalty saga finally settled?

Hearing takes place at Assen regarding the overturning of Marc Marquez's Catalunya Moto2 penalty.

Md Zane

June 27, 2012 7:11 PM

With a 45% turn of his neck and the use of peripheral vision the accident wouldn't have happened,guilty by negligence.

Marcos and Danis crash nothing like this so where is the comparison to be made.Loved that line posted earlier, Marco was on a wider faster line,mmmm so why wasn't Dani on that line.

My conclusion,Marquez slate wiped clean and Pol and the other riders won't give him a millimeter on the track.Rule makers have just made this dangerous sport a lot more dangerous.

CRT - Unregistered

June 27, 2012 7:17 PM

Easy to say sitting behind the keyboard eh?

I agree Marquez should get penalized when he does something wrong, IMO this wasn't one of them.

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

June 27, 2012 7:46 PM

Personally I thought it was a racing incident so the penalty was not justified.

However in the same race Marquez pulled several dangerous moves and normally does each time he races - so I would like to see him get a stern talking to. The slate should be wiped clean now, but with the proviso that now he has had a warning he will get penalties if he continues to ride dangerously.

Bindun - Unregistered

June 27, 2012 8:25 PM

Finally commonsense prevails! Pol will think twice next time before jumping into a gap that is about to close with somone coming back onto the racing line. As an ex-racer I know that MM could not have had the time to look behind. He had not been off track remember.Pol could have backed off a little but as he admitted in an interview with 'Solo Moto' (Spanish), he didn't have time to react.

McbainUK

June 28, 2012 8:36 AM

I think you need to read Pol's response from a fortnight ago. Didn't he say it was an honour to race with Marquez. So it was more Pol's team doing the appealing. I like the Espargaro brothers and I like the way they go about their racing.

I'm no Marquez fan as I think he's gotten away with too much. People saying he'll seriously injure somebody, he already has... poor old Fem Wilairot was in a bad way. Very lucky he wasn't killed. Marquez should have been disqualified from racing that weekend.

But, this incident I thought was a little harsh on Marquez. It's simple to say he should have looked etc, but when you're talking about hundredths of seconds it's not easy.

I've never raced a bike in my life but I'd have thought it instinct to get straight on the gas and onto the racing line as he didn't stray that far off it.

TalentFan - Unregistered

June 28, 2012 9:09 AM

This incident is different, but MM has a nasty habit of passing up the inside, then moving hard across the other riders front wheel and taking that riders braking space, leaving his opponent nowhere to go except v wide (or straight on) and unable to turn into the corner.
It's done often and obviously, and he gets away with it all the time.
I know there is such a thing as a 'block pass' putting your bike in the way so your opponent can't get the jump on you out of the corner, but this MM's tactic is to basically push the other rider off the track.
And as he is so light and has less mass to stop, its difficult for other riders to return the favour and dish out some of the same to him.
It's only a matter of time before someone slams him in retaliation unless Race Direction start doing their job.

Bindun - Unregistered

June 28, 2012 9:17 AM

Can you girls stop moaning about MM? " He's too small, he's arrogant, he's dangerous, needs ballast, Spanish, special engine, too fast, kill somebody oneday, don't like him" He's a racer. What the best ones do is go faster by pushing themselves further and yes taking more risks. Get it? Now off you go into the kitchen and bake some pies.

« 1 2 3 4  »