MotoGP » Ben Spies: I’d almost be a pissed off with victory...

“Right now all I can do is worry about me - my bike and my results. Whatever happens, happens" - Ben Spies.

Strex

June 27, 2012 9:15 PM

My bet is Rossi to Honda, Dovi to Yamaha factory and Cal to Ducati. Rossi to take on Lorenzo and brighten things up at the front, Dovi to be a gentlemanly rear gunner for JL and Cal to see if he can tame the Duc. Reckon Hayden will stay on the Duc, but no idea what Spies will be given if anything.

Tae Ka - Unregistered

June 27, 2012 9:40 PM

Just like Dani to Repsol reason why he still in honda. Spies will keep his seat at factory Yamaha because of Yamaha USA backing. But i am sure before the season end he will claim another victory or 2. That will help him keep his seat rather than yamaha USA force his team to keep him.

shamarone

June 27, 2012 10:26 PM

re: "Right now all I can do is worry about me - my bike and my results. Whatever happens, happens. I'm calm about that. We go about our business, get everything done and let the cards fall where they fall."

exactly, 'cause come end of the year both wsbk and gp veterans alike know they got handed their a55e5 by a rookie back in '09. what humans forget, the history books record.

Dan - Unregistered

June 27, 2012 10:47 PM

Strex I think you need to get out of Rossi dreamland and realise he won't ever be in a factory team again apart from Ducati. Marc Marquez is 99.9% certain to join Repsol Honda. The Rookie Rule will be scrapped in an announcement the weekend.

Don-R

June 27, 2012 11:01 PM

I think the only guy Spies should be worried could take his ride is Rossi. If VR wants back in at Yamaha and has a major sponsor in tow, they'll find it very hard to say no to him. And that's entirely outside of Spies' control no matter what he does on track. Basically everyone is in contract limbo now until #46 decides what to do.

King Kenny - Unregistered

June 27, 2012 11:18 PM

Ben's performance since he got into the official team has been very disappointing, to put it mildly. He's doing worse than Rossi on the Ducati, and that is already a horror story.

Maybe he should go back to WSBK and show he still got what it takes. After this couple of seasons, I don't see any strong MotoGP team taking a chance on him, considering the form of Crutchlow, Dovizioso, Bautista, and the up and coming talents of the Moto2 grid.

Nobody can take away his past achievements, but his time in MotoGP isn't doing him any good. Many great SBK riders didn't make it in MotoGP, and it seems Ben is another one in the list.

1 2 3 4  »