MotoGP » 'Tired' Pedrosa feels wrong strategy cost him dear

'Casey stayed behind me all the time and by the second half of the race, I believe he took profit of extra energy he saved during the first part of the race to overtake me' - Dani Pedrosa

motofan

June 30, 2012 5:58 PM

Not so long ago everyone here was yelling that his size gives him an advantage over other riders!
Next week is Sachsenring which is Pedrosas land, so I hope that he will FINALLY get the firts win of the season.
And BTW, tired or not, I do believe that there was some problem with the Bridgestones. In the parc ferme the mechanics quickly covered the tyres with heating blankets on all 3 motorcycles. Weird to say the least...

rotsa ruck - Unregistered

June 30, 2012 6:27 PM

Whatif makes a valid point. Pedrosa had a bike designed exclusively for him. No other rider has had that luxury yet, Hayden, Lorenzo, Stoner and Rossi all won titles. Hayden while testing parts for the bike Honda was building for Pedrosa. Not trying to pile it on, but Dani has delivered a couple wins a season for how long now? Sure, he managed 4 wins one season and 3 last year but He's NEVER been consistent enough to win a title. Kudos to him today for playing the good team mate though. I don't care what he says about strategy or physical exhaustion, he let Stoner go once he got by. That's what a good team mate does to keep his team mate in the title hunt. A good team mate doesn't go out and take him out while he's leading the championship now does he?

Word games - Unregistered

June 30, 2012 6:44 PM

"In the parc ferme the mechanics quickly covered the tyres with heating blankets on all 3 motorcycles. Weird to say the least..."

I don't think Bridgestone are happy with the criticism they're getting. I believe that being "tired" (or "energy") is a euphemism for "tyred" as in, the tyres going off.

It makes more sense to me than it does for these guys to be admitting that they're not physically fit.

It doesn't make sense to me that having a different race strategy would have a significant difference to physical exhaustion, but would have a big impact on tyre wear (which is what I think he's talking about). Read it again and see what you think.

motofan

June 30, 2012 7:22 PM

@ Word games
That is exactly what I think.
I dont know if you saw that, but when Vale visited his garage, his rear tyre had a HOLE in it. It was so damaged, that it was impossible to continue riding on it. Ben also was chcecking his rear tyre when he got back to his garage.

eh? - Unregistered

June 30, 2012 7:48 PM

"That's what a good team mate does to keep his team mate in the title hunt."

What? Pedrosa is also in the title hunt! He's only 19 points behind Lorenzo and Stoner. He certainly wasn't "letting" Stoner win today, he simply wasn't fast enough. Sachsenring next, Dani flies there. He certainly won't be concerned about "helping" Stoner at this point in the championship!

dulust - Unregistered

June 30, 2012 9:12 PM

one should give dani some credit. he's been on the podium six times this year. last year, in estoril, lorenzo got passed him, but he fought back and eventually won that race.

it seems that he doesn't have that killer instinct that Lorenzo, Stoner and Rossi have. unfortunately for him he's too polite. and politeness doesn't bring motogp titles.

regarding marquez, he's proved he's good. still, he hasn't proved he's better than dani, a three time wc.

Guy - Unregistered

June 30, 2012 9:16 PM

I'm afraid he will be remembered as one of the most consistent podium riders never to have won a championship on a factory bike.
That will put him with Colin Edwards, Sete Gibernau, etc.
P.S. : Colin, my friend, what are you doing wasting your life in this series?
I beg you, go to WSBK on a Honda, please ?

philippa rees - Unregistered

June 30, 2012 10:07 PM

I get the feeling that under the covers there's definately an 'understanding' that Stoner will win at every opportunity and Dani will come up with some lame excuse as to why he couldn't put up a fight for first place. Today - he was tired!!!!!!

3m - Unregistered

June 30, 2012 10:31 PM

Colin hasn not won a motogp race pretty far from same league as dani,he is a good rider if he wasnt he would not been second,casey would beat his team mate on all factory teams yamaha duc honda he and dani just dont get credit for it while others are.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »