MotoGP » 'Tired' Pedrosa feels wrong strategy cost him dear

'Casey stayed behind me all the time and by the second half of the race, I believe he took profit of extra energy he saved during the first part of the race to overtake me' - Dani Pedrosa

mrfill

July 01, 2012 11:51 AM

Sometimes the weight difference that Pedrosa (and Stoner) have is an advantage, sometimes it is less than helpful. Most of the field are around 65kg - a stone more than Stoner and more than 2 stone heavier than Pedrosa - and the physical effort of chucking one of these machines around a tight circuit like Assen will affect the lighter riders more. The payback is on circuits with long straights and swooping corners where these 2 can disappear behind the fairing whereas a lump like Spies (71kg), for example, is as aerodynamic as a hippo.

Pete - Unregistered

July 01, 2012 12:34 PM

Whay Dani should have done is let Stoner go as he likely would have run off and wated his tyres, bringing him back towards Dani towards the end of the race.

@eh?

I totally agree with you in your point that Dany was having nothing to lose to Casey.Except you miscalculated the point margin between both of them which was 14 during the race and Dani could have simply thightened it had he won the fight against Casey to become just 9 point behind with only JL 140.
correct me if I'm wrong!

Rejjy - Unregistered

July 01, 2012 3:59 PM

He's been racing for so many years and many chances to beat Stoner..... and first time I heard, and only now from a racer this excuse?! I guess you cant use the New Tyre issue as an excuse since Lorenzo is out of the race. LOL!

Dani-boy - Unregistered

July 01, 2012 5:38 PM

Stoner is undoubtedly the fastest man on two-wheels as of the day. But then, think again, who's the second fastest-it has to be Pedrosa. Before you point out Lorenzo, I think he has a very sorted-out setup this year. Otherwise, for me, Pedrosa and Lorenzo both are evenly matched. So why should Honda be dumping Pedrosa is beyond my purview? He's been consistent but unlucky. You ought to agree on that. Don't bring Marquez in the picture until the day he hops on a factory bike alongside Pedrosa and proves his mettle. And no matter what data or lap-times show, Dani will be at the top of the game today, tomorrow or some other day. He's worked so hard for all these years now and deserves the championship title. Hard work pays, eventually-that's what wise men say & I believe...

Obenz - Unregistered

July 01, 2012 9:23 PM

I'm a huge Dani fan BUT have finally accepted that he is NOT good enough and certainly isn't at the same level as Casey, Lorenzo and Rossi on a good bike!

HE can't win dog fights with these guys.....remember Rossi spanking him regularly on the track....Dani never won a straight fight against Rossi or Lorenzo with the exception of Portugal last year. He only beats CASEY on the Duke or Repsol when Casey has tyre or health issues!

Shame but a sad fact.

MrQwerty

July 02, 2012 7:34 PM

Pedrosa isn't renowned for strength in a dogfight but he won that three way battle in Germany last year. The idea that Crutchlow is on the same level as Pedrosa is ridiculous, Dani is one of the best four riders since 2000. Probably not as good as Lorenzo and Stoner over a whole season but with Casey gone there'd be no one better alongside Marquez naxt year. And on that subject, I'd be surprised if Marquez got the better of him as a rookie, he makes more mistakes than he'd be able to get away with in the Premier class and still wins in moto2, though I have no doubt that he'll improve quickly.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »