MotoGP » Jorge Lorenzo blasts 'crazy' Bautista move

"Well, today was a complete disaster, Alvaro's move was crazy" - Jorge Lorenzo.

nonnon - Unregistered

July 01, 2012 10:25 AM

Just accept it Georgie boy and move on. If a doctor were to diagnose him with a terminal illness tomorrow, this incident would suddenly seem a little trite.

Rossi Stoned - Unregistered

July 01, 2012 10:32 AM

Bautista was completely reckless! You can't compare it to Rossi at Jerez. This was in the wet and a relativley slow slide. Bautista was going so fast that after his bike lost grip it was catapulted in the air! Jorge is very lucky he didn't suffer a broken leg as the impact was full force in the air and right in the side of his leg! Bautista should have receieved a 3 race ban at least! Anyone trying to defend Bautista is deluded!

bjr - Unregistered

July 01, 2012 10:43 AM

As much as I'd like to see Lorenzo get an engine back for his allocation, it's purely Yamaha's fault that the engine destroyed itself in what amounted to a lowside crash.

Just like Ducati had to make the bars, pegs and levers Stoner (crash) proof, a stuck open throttle on a unmounted/crashed machine can not only damage the engine, but is unsafe for personal around it.

I'd bet the ECU was thinking it had been out on a hard night on the turps, with the GPS and Gyro's telling it it was laying on it's side in a gravel trap with all the other sensors not making much sense either. Maybe the default ECU "Fcuk knows what's going on" mode is full noise and hope for the best??

cant avoid bad luck - Unregistered

July 01, 2012 12:28 PM

were I Jorge Lorenzo,I would ask myself 'why the hell was I in that position hence I got terpedoed?.damn it.it should have been Casey who is regularly in my place once the green lights on'.

people should get over it soon as we know that it is a part of racing.as hard as they try to deny it,it will happen to every rider.bad luck is running in circle.Casey has had enough with lesser bikes,sponsor,credit and, yes,TYRES this year.

peter - Unregistered

July 01, 2012 12:43 PM

for me it seems remarkable that a satellite honda rider could ride directly into the leading yamaha rider. was this just good fortune for honda and incredibly bad luck for yamaha? would honda be happy if baitista had driven straight into stoner or pedrosa? i dont think bautista would be riding for honda again if that had happened. but since he hit lorenzo i guess he will be a hero. for Honda the hit on lorenzo is a great result and makes up for the hard work lorenzo had put in in the first half of the season. I ask was this just good fortune for Honda?

What I know is that if I was a Jorge fan, I would not be accepting anything along the lines of:"Well, that is racing, accidents do happen you know"! Jlo need not feel heart-broken about this though. I still believe he will cane the championship. And it should make it all the sweeter for that.

Sean03

July 01, 2012 1:16 PM

@Peter going by your hypothesis what did Ducati gain or have to gain with Vale torpedeoing Casey last year explain yourself,both were cases of errors of judgment it is a dangerous enough sport without people deliberately taking others out,just a ridiculous comment

sud - Unregistered

July 01, 2012 1:45 PM

schoolboy error made at the pinnacle of motorbike racing.
ban for a race is bear minimum,yet alvaro only has to start from the back of the grid.
these sort of errors are not racing incidents they are brain out manoeuvres....did alvaro really think he could go from 8th to 3rd/4th against the cream of the crop?????? shame for jorge.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »