MotoGP » Bautista: It won’t happen again, but penalty 'excessive'

“I think it is an excessive penalty for a racing incident and whilst I accept it I do so reluctantly” – Alvaro Bautista.

Ossie58

July 03, 2012 4:11 PM

Watching the overhead shot I actually thought for a moment he'd lost control. Turns out he just lost control of his head. Everyone makes mistakes, he's admitted he was at fault he shut now zip it and take whatever punishment is dealt.

You're a nice guy Alvaro, suck it up...

AK - Unregistered

July 03, 2012 5:12 PM

@lpopopopo

Watch the start again and keep yopu big mouth shut.
How many times does this have to be repeated. Front wheel clipped by Dovi.

Damn...when will people get their head out thei a** ?

Jaycee - Unregistered

July 03, 2012 5:19 PM

All the haters leave Bautista alone! He didn't want to miss his braking marker loose his front or take out another rider least of all Lorenzo. He might of been eager over his last race but so would anyone be desperate for a good start and another nice result! Sh#t happens and Bautista is clearly one of the nicest and faster guys up there! I agree it's harsh, in the old days it would have been a racing incident. He should have lost a few of those crappy euros over it instead. Hope he gets near the front off his start this weekend.
Go Alvaro!

aeolus

July 03, 2012 5:21 PM

@AK...funny Alvero didn't see it that way.

"“I made a mistake in calculating my braking marker and I braked so hard trying not to hit anybody that I lost the front and ended up taking another rider with me anyway. "

FrankWilliams - Unregistered

July 03, 2012 5:24 PM

Even though I fault Bautista for the incident I am very glad he's voicing his opinion without fear.

I don't like submissive riders just because they don't fly an UFO. Regardless, Bautista is still one of the best riders in paddock IMO.

JBuono - Unregistered

July 03, 2012 5:55 PM

First time my ass, he must have hit his head a little harder then we thought during last years Valencia race to not remember the epic failure he had that took out more then one rider at turn one. Oh wait it must have been Dovi's fault that he rammed him from behind. I can't wait to see him gone in 2013 he is to dangerous. Bump him down to a Suzuki in WSBK. Loser!!

hoppy

July 03, 2012 6:10 PM

Alvaro made a mistake and has said he is sorry.He has been punished accordingly.End of.
But i have seen other riders make poor errors of judgement and take out other riders without being penalised.Consistancy is what is needed here.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »