MotoGP » Set-up tweaks fail to pay dividends for Spies

'This morning was a bit frustrating, we went out to try a couple of things that didn't work, the bike wasn't that bad we just made it a bit too slow' - Ben Spies

justforfun - Unregistered

July 07, 2012 2:51 AM

Sorry to hear that Ben is 'continuing' to struggle with the new M1.

The season is still a long way, but man it doesn't get any worse than this....different problems every race.

I'm sure Ben is frustrated to the maximum and there's nothing he can do about it.

If he pushes hard he crashes, if he doesn't top 10 is not achievable.

I think Ben wants out of Yamaha...there seems to be some kind of different problem and he's keeping quiet...he doesn't seem to be motivated or have fire in his eyes and I'm sure he knows that his ride is in jeopardy....he's just keeping it cool, but why?????

vonich

July 07, 2012 5:07 AM

I still see spies staying with factory yamaha next year. Whether it's by marketing purposes or from his work in helping yamaha to be a bike to beat this year. Funny! All Cal's fans are crying that he deserve factory ride from yamaha as he had more points than spies. Cal is having a good season and was riding strong every race. BUt he hasn't had a podium finish yet to be given a factory seat by yamaha. In all in fairness to Cal he certainly deserve a factory ride in ducati team but not in yamaha factory team. Like it or not I still see Dovi a better rider that can take spies seat than Cal.

Hookem

July 07, 2012 8:04 AM

Wow only first day of practice and the Ben Basher Brigade are out in full force trying to put Cal on the #2 Yamaha.

Not counting mine wishing Mr. Crutchlow a podium or win and hoping he gives em hell at the front we have a whopping 5 comments on the Crutchlow thread.

Plenty of action around here though. With all the trolling going on I thought I was out at the flower gardens in the gulf on a fishing boat.

Guess I will have to get me a bogus email addy...Come up with some nonsense dribble, forget the facts and have a Cal bash fest. Just trolling along with all the other unregistered trolls.

But hey...Have no fear in true crash trollishness I will come up with some "catchy" Posted by tag line to make my point.

Me - Unregistered

July 07, 2012 8:49 AM

Bens biggest problem is Lorenzo is winning races on the same bike that Ben is getting beat but the Tech3s Ben looks lost at the moment I cant see him keeping his ride unless he starts to finish races near Lorenzo on the podium.

DDD - Unregistered

July 07, 2012 9:59 AM

Hang on, with all the history Dovi and Jorge have from 250s, do you think he will get a ride on Jlos team? I doubt it.

Ben for his part came with so much promise and has lost his mojo. All his comments are downers. Must be so disappointing for him, he rocketed through WSBK with a rookie championship, but as we have seen before WSBK riders don't make the jump to MOTOGP, Hayden is the only exception that comes to mind, the rest are GP born and bred.

DDD - Unregistered

July 07, 2012 10:12 AM

Lean Too
(ate to burst your bubble boys, but Bens gona resign with Yammaha, fact, not rummer! Tec 3 has offerd Cal a contract so your boy Cal, with Bradley will most likely make up the tec 3 team...)

If this is true then DOVI will sadly be out on his ear. I guess he doesn't carry enough sponsorship $.

DOVI to Ducati???? or Moto2? feel sad about this already