MotoGP » Stoner: 'Win or bin' one turn early, slams marshals

"I had planned to go for my 'win or bin' effort in the last corner, not that one!" - Casey Stoner.

sokudo - Unregistered

July 08, 2012 6:27 PM

I think Casey's in denial here. He claims he was confident he had a few tenths per lap over Dani (a very sizeable amount) so if that was the case, why didn't he overtake with 3-5 laps to go? Oh that's right, because he couldn't. He fell off the bike chasing a charging Dani who was on his way to setting the fastest lap of the race. 2 fastest laps in 2 laps for Pedrosa, while Stoner's few tenths advantage weren't there.

I can't fault the guys talent. He's a phenomenal rider but he does have a habit of moaning, whining and finding as many excuses as possible to explain things that didn't go right which is what hurts his popularity tbh.

SAM - Unregistered

July 08, 2012 6:43 PM

wait wait guys i have sometings to spit on his face -"its all marshalls fault, bt let me ask the bike had gone far in gravel from there to push and get it in track is a job by then crt riders may have crossed also, then y the **** is he tellin these craps, a waste fello to sports , you clear from here man better soon,

in jerez why you wer not picked is coz "wen a gold coin n metal coin falls first all will pick gold only , dont b jealous

one more fact let me make u hear is "pressurised stoner is a gift for gravel.

Me - Unregistered

July 08, 2012 6:48 PM

If Stoner was faster than Dani why did he get passed by Dani?

FFS Stoner give the other guy some credit your were not faster than Dani, you fell of trying to go faster than Dani, man up give credit to the other rider or leave and go back to Aus.

Then he wonders why nobody helps him when he falls off

Jack Mordino

July 08, 2012 6:49 PM

Hey Mugs, you think they could push the bike over so many meters of gravel with a locked rear-wheel until they reached the asphalt? Or maybe they could push-start Stoner right on the gravel? And all this with the rest of the bikes performing their last do-or-die attempts for overtakes at one of the fastest parts of the track? Get real. At that particular point in space and time any marshal would be out of his mind to try and push start a bike with a locked rear wheel tens of meters away from the asphalt.

Jack Mordino

July 08, 2012 6:50 PM

@ daniel Kuchnia: It was the left lever. That's the clutch on my book. Oh wait - I write crap, so I must be wrong - or am I? Must be someone else who writes crap then...

And by the way, since you asked, personally I've never raced a bike but at least I know which side the clutch is :)

SwissJudge

July 08, 2012 6:51 PM

Thats what happens when someone bad mouths almost everybody around him...

At least he found someone to blame. I was beginning to think that maybe he had changed... Fat chance.

Bleeding hearts all round at the marshalls office.

Dwayne_Chapman - Unregistered

July 08, 2012 6:57 PM

If you seen the onboard of Casey's bike after the crash he had a clutch lever bent 90 degrees upward amongst other problems. Even if the marshalls had picked up the bike they aren't going to carry him across the finish line on it.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »