MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: Audi 'counting on me' at Ducati

"It's a very ambitious project and I'm happy about it" - Valentino Rossi.

TedG

July 09, 2012 10:33 PM

Just for info RSMick, Burgess was talking about the satellite Ducatis wobbling around, not Stoner's bike. Google it, it was an interesting article.
Also the amount of finance is probably a minor consideration. The major consideration is forcing Ducati engineering to do as Burgess/Rossi asks. And as the new owners, they can demand they do so.

Pierre - Unregistered

July 09, 2012 10:40 PM

Re. finance, I presumed Audi's interest was to put money into Ducati and not vice versa?
and on an engineering note (not that I think Audi are sending in their engineers for one moment) look at what BMW have achieved in WSB and BSB and electronics aside, are on the MotoGP grid with the CRT. I think the problems in the past have been F1 engineers going over to bikes and not being able to translate their tech knowledge to the dynamics of man and machine. The Cube was a good example.

RSMick

July 09, 2012 10:45 PM

I did TedG, and i did get it wrong, Rossi said it was impossible to judge the GP10 as Stoner didn't push the bike hard enough and Burgess said he could fix the front end problems that plauged Stoner (even though he continued to win on it)in 80 seconds.

Vilas - Unregistered

July 09, 2012 10:47 PM

Yeah Pierre.. Aprilia rs3 Cube was beautifull and brece him tecnology.. But was a desaster racing and what a shame it was.. really bring down Colin and Nory haga..

youtube.com/watch?v=N340IXBBlI8

RSMick

July 09, 2012 10:52 PM

Pity the cube didn't have an Italian engine Vilas, many things on the Cube engine are now common place on GP bikes now, they just wasn't at the time.

Haga killed Haga's career, very overated and shocking at GP level.

TedG

July 09, 2012 11:02 PM

@RSMick,
Here is the exact quote:
"I can watch some of these lesser riders on the Ducatis and you can see that the bikes are, in my opinion, unsuitably set for what they want to try and do with them. I'm not saying anybody's doing a bad job. I see these things wobbling around. When I think, clearly, if we had that issue with Valentino it'd be fixed in 80 seconds,... "

Where did you see another 80 seconds quote??

And here is the exact quote from Rossi:
"It is very difficult to understand the level of the Ducati because Stoner doesn't push at 100 per cent... "
Which can be interpreted in different ways, one as meaning for Stoner to go as fast as he did he did not push himself at 100%. For all we know Rossi meant 110%(over his head) or 90%(had some to spare). But to regurgitate that as not riding hard enough is not prudent.

Pierre - Unregistered

July 09, 2012 11:12 PM

RSMick as you say, Hagas entertaining for sure but nothing like good enough for GP. Never was either. Far too aggressive for starters.
Am surprised people saying that Cal is overated. Toseland was IMO, and should have stuck to his piano! There's only Colin that I can think of that made the transition, oh and not forgetting Troy's end of season blinder.
Back to Rossi and Duc though, I truly believe given enough testing and resources, they can turn this around and get back regularly on the podium.
Just going off topic again, am I the only one to think that the ride of the year has to be Peddy this weekend? Everyone says he's got an advantage being small. Surely being tiny must be much harder muscling that brute round like he did on Sunday. Amazing ride.

RSMick

July 09, 2012 11:23 PM

Probably misquoted pieces from the one you stated, Rossi does have front end problems and its not fixed. There are lots of references to it over and over and over.

Pierre the one thing Haga was not is too aggressive in GP totally opposite, more like a damp squid on the Yamaha and the cube. Just not precise enough a bit like Cal yesterday.
I'm sorry I respectfully disagree with you about resourses, drop the huge paycheck and save 14m for developement with a young more ambitious rider.

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  »