MotoGP » Luckless Spies hopes to eradicate tyre issues in Italy

'Having found something that worked on Sunday we were then unfortunately compromised by a lack of side grip so were unable to ride to our full potential' - Ben Spies

I luvs my douchebag - Unregistered

July 10, 2012 10:48 PM

@ the bad guy
"Is Cal the best rider Britian has to offer?" - no
"What has he done in the past,win a WSS title barely?" - he bulldozed the competition that year
"Anything else to convince a good factory to let him ride there factory bike?" this season he is kicking american ass left - right and center. And I mean all of them
Now, I am not english, I dont even favor Crutchlow, I just thought that was funny because you are such a douchebag

I luvs my douchebag - Unregistered

July 10, 2012 10:53 PM

About Ben Spies:

1-only 5 decent races in MotoGP
2-Can't beat his teamate
3-Can't finish in the top 3 (this season)
4-Crashes way too much
5-American
Sounds like a perfect fit at CRT!!! Hahaha

How about a reunite with Edwards? Return of the american Dreamteam!!!!!

The Bad Guy - Unregistered

July 10, 2012 11:07 PM

5 decent races in 2 years, no podiums...HaHaHa
What else has Cal done to deserve a Factory Yamaha Ride..NOTHING!
Hey Douchebag lol...you gotta come up with something original,or you can just follow my lead..like a good little Brit.

Md Zane

July 10, 2012 11:10 PM

@the big guy
The Brit's on here are desperate for a Hero.well thats true for me.
Is Cal the best rider Britian has to offer?
Scot, cracking rider in the mighty midget class
Brad, I think he is better than the bike
Kent, getting there.
Web, Mahindrad
Chaz, give him a gp bike and not broken promises

Can't see what that has to do with Spies hopes to eradicate tyre issues in Italy any way.The anti Ben posts come from all over the world surely after all they are posted on the world wide web

By the way Ben fits the first 4 points you posted,that is not hate just an observation.

the dancing enanu - Unregistered

July 10, 2012 11:12 PM

I don't care what Spies does, or where he goes. I'm not a Yank. Crutchlow is the new Sylvain Guintoli. I can't wait until next year when the Ginger Wonder, Bradley Smith arrives! It will be like watching bikes race and going to the circus at the same time. Toseland 2013!! Play James, play!!

I luvs my douchebag - Unregistered

July 10, 2012 11:17 PM

@the bad guy
see if you get this
a - Cal is doing a number on Spies this year
b - you are not original
c - I am not a brit

I know it's a lot for you to comprehent so maybe you get it in smaller dosage?

I like Ben. He is a fantastic rider and he will come good this year. Dont know if he retains his seat, but I dont care - I am a fan of his.
Just having fun with dummies like the bad guy - 'cause its so eeeaaassyyy

RocketR1

July 10, 2012 11:27 PM

@MDZane
Just wondering why you would say the Ben Spies fits into any of those catagories?
He has multible podiums(has won a dry Race),has finished ahead of JLo more then once,I personally don't think he crashes anymore then any other top 5 rider,
Deffinatly is having a tough season but the last two races have been better.Should be in the Top 4 this weekend.
Oh and I would add J.Rea to your list,that guy is amazing on a bike which is outclassed this year.Love to see him in MotoGP

Md Zane

July 10, 2012 11:54 PM

RocketR1

Certainly does this year or should we live in the past.
Sorry forgot about Johnny Rea,imagine him riding the red beast like he does that crap blade, now that could be a bit Stoner esque.

RocketR1

July 11, 2012 12:38 AM

@MD Zane
we shouldnt live in the past but im sure Yamaha are looking at what each rider has accomplished up until this point in his career before they will offer a contract for their Factory Yamaha M1,And the truth is Crutchlow has only had 5 Good showings this season(Last year 4th was his best i think),Spies has finished ahead the last 3...Good insight on Superbikeplanet as to why Yamaha may have walked away from Cal.

DC - Unregistered

July 11, 2012 12:54 AM

Some of you people are insane.

FP2, FP3, and QP are all crazy wet. They get the bike setup for that condition, and he's right there at the top of the time sheet, and then come Sunday it's dry. So they make a guess at the setup, and it's not perfect, and he's stuck battling for 3rd (after CS crashes). And somehow that means he doesn't have skills?

Anyone who is still doubting his tire problems after seeing pictures of what they looked like in Assen is a F'ing retard. You can't ride around HUGE CHUNKS of tire missing. If his tire isn't defective, Dovi isn't even in the picture with Ben. On the 3 laps prior to the tire failing, Ben was A SECOND faster per lap than the leaders. That's not a lack of skill either.

Ben has had some incredibly bad luck this year. Yamaha is not stupid enough to ditch a potential WC winner over a small streak of bad luck. If anything, they're likely to demand a change in his garage. IMO, his crew isn't getting the job done properly.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »