MotoGP » Moto2: Redding hopeful of rostrum challenge

'Last weekend was a disappointment and I'll be looking to make amends by being back up at the sharp end at Mugello' - Scott Redding

herewego - Unregistered

July 11, 2012 5:03 PM

It's probably all the extra elbows and knees sticking out that get in the way of other riders!! Can't wait for Scott to get on a satellite Ducati next year as he should be much better on a bigger bike and has all the skill and talent it will need!!

tucker - Unregistered

July 11, 2012 11:27 PM

I'd like to see him get one win this year before stepping up to MotoGP, although with his size doing him a real disservice I think podiums are the best we're gonna get this year. Hope I'm wrong though, he deserves one. For me there are the big 4 in Moto2 (Marquez, Luthi, Iannone and Espargaro) And then Scott, he is better than the rest of the field by far.

pp916 - Unregistered

July 12, 2012 9:09 AM

His size and weight are going to be a severe handicap on the long uphill Mugello straight....this class really needs a combined rider/bike minimum weight limit like Moto3 to make it fair for all. If the bikes had a surplus of power like the big class it wouldn't be such an issue but these things only have the power of the equivalent road bike. Maybe now pint-sized Marquez is moving on, most likely with the title in his pocket, Dorna & Co will accept the rule change that teams have been asking for.

Nick636

July 12, 2012 3:54 PM

To everyone on here who attacks the disagree button every time something harsh is said about Bradley Smith:

- Do you honestly think he deserves a MotoGP ride over THIS GUY!?!?!
- Can you actually see Bradley Smith coming CLOSE to Crutchlow?!?!
- How on Earth could Crutchlow POSSIBLY lose a ride to Smith?!

Scott Redding as SUPER fun to watch. He is genuinely fast, ALWAYS (Almost always) beats his team mate, and rides the NUTS off that bike every single time he is on it...

SCOTT REDDING FOR MOTOGP 2013!!!

Sweeble

July 12, 2012 4:02 PM

@Nick636
There are so many factors to how a rider performs, but I still reckon that Bradley's a classy world class rider so I will wait to see how he does on the big bike before drawing any conclusions. I do agree that at face value he is not looking as good as many this season though.

I'm guessing you ride a Kawa ZX6R?

Nick636

July 13, 2012 9:35 AM

@ Sweeble

That I do. 2004. GREAT FUN!

I do understand that. BUT, if he is the MASSIVE talent everyone makes him out to be, I think we'd see a bit more from him. As with most, I would LOVE him to prove me wrong. I always think the more top riders we see, the more exciting the racing! But I think, going on results so far, he hasn't shown enough.

It's kinda like giving Max Neukirschner a MotoGP ride now and saying he's obviously quality, he's won SBK races, the MZ is just cr@p...