MotoGP » Italian MotoGP, Mugello - Friday practice (2)

Full Friday free practice times (2) from the Italian MotoGP at Mugello, round 9 of 18.

Cammyspop

July 13, 2012 3:01 PM

That's my concern too. With factories limited to four bikes each, two factory two satellite and no realistic expectation of any other factories coming along for next year there will only be twelve prototypes four of which will be Ducatis for whom things are not looking good.

So it worries me that there are going to be riders on at least some of those bikes who don't deserve them.

The biggest worry of all for me is Abrahams. I know daddy is making noises about dropping Ducati for next year, but it's Ducati or CRT and junior is slow enough on a factory bike imagine where he'd be on a CRT machine. So it looks likely that he'll be hogging a Ducati seat that could be better served by somebody else. I'm not Barbera's biggest fan, but with the current position at Pramac I think it's unlikely that we'll see him on a prototype next year. That's a pitty because I'd rather see him than Karel.

Liam48

July 13, 2012 3:04 PM

@Ian unfortunately with the way that bike is now that's all you can expect from Rossi.

Why did crash take away part of my comment? I can't stand people that post complete rubbish on this site and when I have a dig at them for clearly showing no knowledge of the sport you delete my post, I've seen worse comments not being removed, moderation on this site is never consistent.

georgie - Unregistered

July 13, 2012 3:08 PM

Why is everybody pissing on rossi???

It's practise! Rossi is working on setup, hayden just wanted to put in a fast lap!

In qually the difference between the two won't be bigger than 3 thents of a second...

And rossi will beat hayden for sure on raceday!

Stoner pushing petrucci!!!! That guy is a real shame for the sport! Frustrated son of a b****.

With stoner retiring, they will continue to develop the bike in pedrosas way! Pedrosa will beat stoner more and more this season!!! Will see how he will ride around problems! My ass the goat!!!

Racing Fan - Unregistered

July 13, 2012 3:08 PM

Wow! Anyone else see that pass by Stoner on the CRT???

The guy's lost it, clearly...thinks he owns the track. Should be banned for life. Never seen a worse incident in my 40 years of watching bike races. It's like the guy thinks he's Rossi or something...

deflect attention - Unregistered

July 13, 2012 3:18 PM

"Never seen a worse incident in my 40 years of watching bike races."

Absolute rubbish which you then try to back up with the old "been watching racing for years" line.

Marquez has done worse a dozen or so times every race this year alone, worse because he's cut in while braking. Stoner cut it a bit close but was travelling 15 or 20 mph quicker the whole time so the gap was always widening.

Absolute non-incident which will no doubt be jumped on by the yellow pant brigade due to their mans woeful performance (again).

Marc - Unregistered

July 13, 2012 3:19 PM

Rossi is usually not good in practice sessions but almost a second down isn't good. I'm sure he'll be moving up qualifying and will move up during the race. But I'm sure constantly being beaten in practice sessions by his teammate and satellite rider can't be helping his confidence. Maybe sticking with Ducati isn't the right move for him. That said, it's early days so lets see how the race turns out.

georgie - Unregistered

July 13, 2012 3:26 PM

What stoner did was completely out of line, he should get some sort of penalty.

He's the first to criticize everybody, even bautista wwhen he took out lorenzo! And then he pulls stuff like that! The guy is nothing more than a spoiled brat! Moves like that don't belong in sports! Fairplay, the guy has no idea what that mean! He isn't concerned about the sport (quits instead of trying to resolve problems in motogp), not concerned about his collegues, he's a selfcentered little c***!

Marc - Unregistered

July 13, 2012 3:31 PM

I'm not a Stoner fan and don't condone his antics but hopefully the changes by Honda on their new version of the bike will help him and Dani fight Lorenzo. For all the abuse that Dani gets it would be nice to see him win again. It will also be nice to see if Rossi can get closer to a podium.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »