MotoGP » More to come from 'consistent' Crutchlow

Cal Crutchlow raises his expectations after a positive start to the Italian Grand Prix at Mugello.

markg - Unregistered

July 13, 2012 4:06 PM

"I am sure I could be much faster but I didn't really push for a fast time and concentrated a lot on working on the set-up for the race."

Wow! That's a BS, filler, smoke screen line if I've ever heard one.

Hmmm. Lots of comments on this board about riders making excuses...

craig whittaker

July 13, 2012 4:20 PM

What actually do you know what went down between Cal and his crew on set up work, whilst sitting there from your armchair markg, who's to say he wasn't doing what he said he was, which is trying to set the bike up for race pace, instead of going for all out fast qualifying times from the off. Danny Pedrosa regularly spends a lot of his time down the timing sheets all weekend whilst working on race settings, only to come up to the top or near about's late Saturday afternoon. Too many armchair racers and engineers man.

Hookem

July 13, 2012 4:21 PM

It really seems like there is a script most of the riders follow not really saying anything. I wish they would actually talk about what they are doing set-up wise, the problems they are having and what they tried to make the bike work better.

So I really dont think it is filler, smoke screen as it is they same ole script the riders are following. That being said I really hope we have a good race with Cal, Ben, Dovi, Bradl, hell anybody up on the sharpe end racing with the usual suspects for the win and podium spots.

It is just FP1 so come time when the green flag drops hopefully we can see some close racing at the front.

Go on about your business getting the set-up right for the race and good luck Mr. Crutchlow !!!

190mph - Unregistered

July 13, 2012 4:28 PM

I just hope that this Sunday we actually get to see a decent start from Crutchlow and he moves forward instead of losing places that seems to be the norm.

But whatever the grid position and start hope it's a good race for him.

Don-R

July 13, 2012 4:35 PM

Track experience may count against Cal in the race. Last year was his first visit here and practice sessions were truncated due to rain, and then in the race he retired the bike early with handling woes and fears over his bust collarbone. At this stage I'm sure he'll be wanting to just stick in as many laps as possible to figure the place out a bit more.

lennyzrx - Unregistered

July 13, 2012 5:36 PM

@Hookem.

As far as script goes. No reiders throw team members under the Bus for a mistake. I can't remember the last time I've heard a mechanic or member get blamed in public, or a leak to the press.

usually it's called a tech error or set up problem. I'm sure anyone can, and do make mistakes in preping the bikes. Cal will be up there come race day. Dovi may have a advantage here being home track.

1 2 3  »