MotoGP » Crutchlow: I'm sure I could have fought for pole

Cal Crutchlow rues the error that cost him a shot at the front row - and possibly pole position - at Mugello.

Kofi - Unregistered

July 14, 2012 6:04 PM

"Could have, Should have, Would have"

Get tired of the excuses from Cruthlow and Spies, neither deserves the factory ride. Clearly Dovi's the man as he quietly goes about his business.

Vilas - Unregistered

July 14, 2012 6:19 PM

Cal deserve a good race, its been worcking well for race, he is fast and he is on the right bike to run nice here.. He just have to focus on race no mistakes..! When he play well we have races like the star of the year where Dovi can be better more experience him Motogp but cal is allways beahind and he dont give many space to breath.. He had to be more calm and Focus!!

motogp - Unregistered

July 14, 2012 6:21 PM

kofi are you going to post that same quote on every single crutchlow article? what wouldyou rather crutchlow say: "i'm terrible I don't deserve anything" ?

Pizdoff - Unregistered

July 14, 2012 6:25 PM

I'm still trying to check I understand Cal's explanation.

I think what he's said is:
'If I hadn't been going too fast at the wrong time and crashed I'd have done really well'.

No s**t Sherlock?

I love Cal's attitude.
But I wish he'd temper it with a bit more realisation that b alls out everywhere isn't going to cut it at this level.

Mind you, first couple of seasons Casey Stoner had in the senior class were littered with wrecks and flashes of brilliance too.

MrQwerty

July 14, 2012 6:40 PM

@ pizdoff

The problem for Cal in that regard is that Stoner started GP when he was 20, Cal started last year when he was 25. Obviously it's more about how good you are but British riders that enter GP through superbikes will have to play catch up when they arrive. I wonder how different Toseland's career would have been if he had come up through the lower ranks with his ability intact except got into GP four or five years sooner. Or even if he'd made the jump after 2004.

Mike B - Unregistered

July 14, 2012 6:49 PM

I'm a supporter of all brits, always have been but even I am starting to think Cal needs to shut the fack up, get on with his race and beat his team mate before opening his mouth.

If you looked at the stats it's Dovi for the factory yam (although prob Spies will keep it)

1 2 3 4  »