MotoGP » Set-up progress for Crutchlow, Dovizioso

"Each time I went out I had a full fuel tank and we definitely made some progress" - Cal Crutchlow.

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 9:11 AM

Very sensible for Crutchlow to be practising full tank riding.

I hope he has also been practising his starts!

Good to see Tech3 testing - in previous seasons they haven't had the budget for mid-season testing.

pp916 - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 9:57 AM

Sounds like a good solid test.....but 'no new parts' has an ominous ring to it....is this the point where the gap between the works and satelite bikes begins to grow and they become less competitive, as in previous seasons, I wonder?

Don-R

July 17, 2012 10:04 AM

I think that might be the case pp916, if the works team had tested with a raft of new parts, but Lorenzo only had a previously tested new engine profile and some updated software to try. The M1 works so well already that I doubt we'll see radical upgrades now. Which bodes well for the satellite bikes keeping pace.

Evel ken Evil - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 10:09 AM

Don-R

you hoping the gap between satellite and works widening will help Ben out ?

that's pretty desperate man, not showing much faith in the rider

unfortunately Dovi's gonna spank him for the rest of the season. Dovi's got Bens number

Don-R

July 17, 2012 10:18 AM

@ Evel ken

Sorry, I mistakenly typed 'factory' instead of 'satellite'. I was saying that I don't think the gap will widen very much at all between Tech 3 and the works team. Yamaha have a damn good bike to carry them through the remainder of the season. You don't fix something if it ain't broke.

Evel ken Evil - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 10:37 AM

you right,

the yamaha is a very good bike indeed at the moment, infact having satelite bikes so close to factory bikes because of the capactiy change this year has shown the benefits of having competitive satelite equipment

perhaps if Carmelo wants to make the sport more enjoyable to watch he should bring in a rule that states if its in the factory team it must be on the satelite bike within say 3 races!

asdaf mofo - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 11:25 AM

Above all it is a great year for Herve, Tech 3, Cal and Andrea, great close racing from 2 great riders who seem very happy together and with the team, they are providing us with a lot of entertainment this year thanks to the new bikes and effectively 4 equalish Yamahas. HP and T3 doing a great job to keep up with the factory squad week in week out. Are they getting the same upgrades as JL and BS ? Seems that way... Long may it last, well done all.

Goforit - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 2:05 PM

@ strex, we could put you under a bridge.... Oh wait, you're already there trolling.

Regarding the testing of the Tech 3 bikes, as per the title, I think the team has been growing nicely for the past few years, but this year they are outstanding! Cal is learning quickly, and making smarter choices. Andrea is poised, confident, and clearly the mentor. Herve is running the team so well I would think he is gaining parts quicker than previously, which is ok in my book. I like that 3 race rule!

pp916 - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 2:13 PM

@ DonR....

Its inevitable that the satelite bikes are always a step behind the factory bikes - as I understand it the factory bikes were already a step on with the electronics package and if Jorge is testing a further upgrade that makes it onto his bike that's 2 steps behind...all I'm hoping is that Yamaha see the value of keeping the Tech 3 team competitive, even if that means they have to tolerate Spies getting beat, and keep them fed with upgrades as they develop....and also that Herve does his bit and invests in the equipment and involves the team in testing, both of which he has been reluctant to stump up for in the past.

1 2 3  »