MotoGP » Answering back on track

The Bradley Smith Crash.net column is brought to you by
REV'IT!

BC - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 2:38 PM

Well done Bradley fantastic race. I and a few people I know have never lost faith in you. To take a bike forward on the grid as you have done for 2 seasons is something better than a lot of others, including X champs. I am in my 70th year and have watched "road racing" since I was 5, so I believe I can see the potential. Take no notice of the Knockers as they only show their ignorance of what is really happening. Keep up the good work and all the best for the rest of season.

Cammyspop

July 17, 2012 2:44 PM

Nice to see Bradley doing well. I know a lot of people have been knocking him for his performances this year and saying he shouldn't move up to MotoGP, but I don't think that's fair. It's been pretty clear that the Tech3 bike is not all that competitive this year. Maybe with an improved bike we'll see Bradley getting the results he deserves.

Dontcome - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 3:03 PM

Sorry one swallow doesnt make a summer and one 4th does not mean this guy should come into Motogp, hes not up to it.

Far better options, like Redding etc

He needs to spend some time bay with the leaders in Moto2 before he even considers trying to play with the big boyz

Move too quick and you will kill your career

Pat McAllister - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 3:04 PM

Really good performances lately, especially the last two races. I would like to know what the latest step was that got you into the front group as you did not use the new aero package. Keep up the good riding!

oddymob - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 4:57 PM

top ride!

The other mod was the exhaust update, which Simeon trashed,but Bradley didnt.

That extra 4mph (aero) would have been the 1 second. Either way, what a ride, especially to bridge the first gap without a tow, and the "at time" fastest lap

karamozov - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 5:00 PM

When the only guys left in front of you are Luthi, Espargo and Iannone, you know you are up there with the truly great riders. And to have Marquez sitting behind you, along with more than one world champion, well, that's pretty damn cool, too. Keep it up, Bradley. Nice going!

CRT - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 5:13 PM

@ It's been pretty clear that the Tech3 bike is not all that competitive this year.
Posted by Cammyspop

I keep reading this and would love to know what this is based off of? If it's because Bradley cannot get top results, that's a crock. If it's because he's beeting his teammate, well, that's a crok as well (who's his teammate and what has his teammate accomplished?).

I'm not knocking Smith, I wish the kid all the best, I would just like to know where this myth came from that the Tech 3 bike is a POS.

sidthekid - Unregistered

July 17, 2012 5:23 PM

@CRT

It's no myth that the Tech 3 machine is a bit slow, it has the aerodynamics of a brick, hence the new aero package they were trying last weekend, and hence the lower top speeds than almost everybody else, all season long.

Cammyspop

July 17, 2012 6:32 PM

@CRT how much evidence do you need? If you can't work it out for yourself from watching the races get hold of the timesheets. Look at the speed trap times and his sector times for the parts where outright speed isn't so much an issue.

And if that doesn't do it for you listen to what the experts have to say on the subject. You know the experts? They're the ones that don't spout fanboy nonsense and tend to have a better grasp of the language than you.

1 2 3 4  »