MotoGP » Stoner proud of Lorenzo, Pedrosa rivalry

“I've had a lot of great races with them over the years and I think our rivalry takes us to a very high level” - Casey Stoner.

Simon - Unregistered

July 31, 2012 9:21 AM

Casey stoner has more than his fair share of criticism over the years. I for one, and a suspect many true Motogo fans, are going to miss his incredible talent.

I wonder whom the - haters - going to start - hating - on next?

Maybe they'll leave Motogp too and then you'll just have
Rossi riding around by himself!

BoZz

July 31, 2012 9:33 AM

Well, I think all riders have haters, but deep down there's a lot of respect.. Personally I never liked Marco simoncelli but of course I respected him and I googled the crap out of him once he passed away and felt stupid and sad at my opinion of him! He seemed such a lovely guy and I was just being jealous over his success thinking maybe I could have done better had I had the chance... Hahahah, me, 6"6 and 120 kilos with two left feet and lack of concentration . . It's sad how we all rant and rave but I know also that we don't want anything bad to happen to these blokes...
We're just annoyed cause theyre not doing what we want. Well, that's probably just human nature, and I'm just an arm chair critic with these forums for my stupid rants... But I respect the hell out of all these blokes, and I hope they stay safe.

Motojunky..

July 31, 2012 9:37 AM

@ Simon.
No where in there was Rossi mentioned, and your asking who people are going to hate when Stoner leaves. I know who your going to hate you dipstick.
Once again I have to highlight how bad some of the Stoner fans are. Can't help themselves. WTF.

pullitup - Unregistered

July 31, 2012 9:45 AM

@Motojunkey

He talked about the 2 riders who constantly win or place with him since his early days, he never mentioned mid pack riders so your Goat wasnt included as since 2010 no one has seen him.

If it makes you feel better we can talk about the last time he won a WC or a race for that matter, I just have to google it as its been that long LMOAAY

Here it is www.onthisdayalongtimeago.com

who said that

July 31, 2012 9:49 AM

I notice that Casey said he would look back with pride the many duels with JL DP and no mention of Rossi.

I interpret this to mean that JL and DP are real racers who can ride side by side without running him off the track to win.

I have the feeling the respect is recipricated by the other two

On the button - Unregistered

July 31, 2012 9:55 AM

@who said that. You're spot on about the respect which creates the close racing between these 3. They know that as much as they don't want to give up the place, they can lean on each other rather than know they're in for a punt to the gravel trap for the trouble of DARING to race with each other. Some like a certain riders 'style' of 'prison rules racing' as their hero was usually the missile that forced the other rider off. I'm HAPPY that we don't get the racing SPOILED by the punt master.

ravs66 - Unregistered

July 31, 2012 9:58 AM

Mr.Stoner I never saw a single duel nor remember till date you have had other then Mr.Rossi in MOTOGP.

The last one you lost in wet and the other one in Laguna Seca when your contemporary was riding Yamaha.Hence, you need to mature much more than retiring. In fact MOTOGP has lost it's excitement since Rossi moved to Duc.

When was the last one you three fought and came winners. You guys go in frony and the other two accept that and settle for points.

Gosh!! god save MOTOGP

King Kenny - Unregistered

July 31, 2012 10:00 AM

Don't be paranoid: the reason he's not naming Valentino Rossi is because he is talking of the three of them racing each other since 125cc. They have a long history together. They only encountered Rossi when they arrived at MotoGP. Different generations. Of course any of them is proud to have raced Rossi.

In a recent interview with Pedrosa, he was asked how he'd feel if he were to retire without a MotoGP title and he said he'd still be proud to have raced against Rossi, Lorenzo and Stoner. So there. I'm sure Stoner thinks the same.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »