MotoGP » Ducati MotoGP debut for Scott Redding

Scott Redding and Andrea Iannone testing for Ducati this week.

Nick636

July 31, 2012 12:31 PM

@ bla bla stavros

I believe it is you who are either forgetful or delusional... Stoner won three in a row in 2010 ON A DUCATI before finishing second the day before Rossi put it on a whopping 15th in the test... Yeah, sounds really impossible that the bike could get on the podium with Stoner... ah ha... hmm... what?

blah - Unregistered

July 31, 2012 12:37 PM

Whenever I hear the rumour about Redding going to Ducati I can't help at think if he has ever bothered to ask Kallio (his teammate at MVDS) about the Ducati. I wonder what comments Kallio would make about the Ducati :D

Don-R

July 31, 2012 1:02 PM

@ Crashtestdummy

"It makes no difference to Ducati about funding a satelite team"

Clearly it does because it's currently the sticking point that's preventing the Marc VDS Ducati team moving forward. Ducati are happy to lease the bikes but they don't want a financial commitment. They want Marc VDS to pay for the team as Herve does with Monster at Tech3.

"The Phillip Morris group pay his (Rossi's) wages."

Not at Yamaha they won't. The series' regulators won't allow sponsorship of 2 major teams by PM, and PM won't leave Ducati. Yamaha's salary offer of 3-4 mil is from Yamaha Motor Racing, not PM (nor Monster/Coca Cola)

"Thats why it's a no brainer for Yamaha, he won't cost them a bean."

Unless VR brings a personal sponsorship deal with him (and at present he doesn't have one), it'll cost them 3-4 mil, which is the salary figure reportedly on the table. I guess they've decided that's what Rossi is worth to them in terms of marketing and promotions.

Noriben - Unregistered

July 31, 2012 1:15 PM

I always wonder ..., did Yamaha really agree on giving their bike to Bradley Smith the next season??? At the expense of either Dovi or Cal??? The best satelite bike on the planet to the winless kid, that's insane ...

27 goat - Unregistered

July 31, 2012 1:19 PM

What would Stoner getting a podium on the Ducati prove? Everyone already knows that he's the only one that can ride the Ducati like it should be ridden, the rest arent good enough.

ET - Unregistered

July 31, 2012 1:40 PM

Isn't the story about Scott getting his 1st premier class test?
what's the usual rubbish about..Rossi this , Rossi that, the future is NOT Vale, he has had his time.
Scott is one of the real future superstars of Moto GP, looking forward to watching a brit at the front of moto gp, I dont think we have seen his true potential.

Jon

July 31, 2012 1:56 PM

Why are people having a bash at Bradley?
Recently he's been just as quick as Scott and it's widely acknowledged that the Tech 3 Mistral isn't as sorted as the Kalex, Suter etc etc...

Marquez is going to a factory bike next year and Bradl is doing the business this year.
With the exception of Mr Elias Moto2 has proven itself to be a great plaform for MotoGP... ..and I think that seeing as it has no electronics it's a perfect stepping stone for CRT bikes with their simpler packages.

Bradley deserves his shot- what's the worst that can happen?

Schoony59 - Unregistered

July 31, 2012 2:13 PM

Blah Blah why is www delusional? Nicky is running the new bike at around the same place as the GP9 and 10 so it only stands to reason that Casey would also be able to push this years bike to a couple wins and several DNF's. He left Ducati to get a fast bike he could keep upright without nearly killing himself to move up the points and contend for another title. Honda was a dream fit but I have no doubt we would have done just as well on the Yamaha. I think testing these young guys is a great way for Ducati to find someone with the nerve to look beyond possible injuries and push the bike past the limit. My racing days are nearly over and I know I dont take the chances I didn't think twice about 25 years ago. Sometimes balls are better than experience and I believe Ducati needed a mix of both on their equipment.

Sidthekid - Unregistered

July 31, 2012 2:50 PM

You know it never fails to amaze me how every single thread on this site descends into a Casey -v- Valentino bitch fest. Talk about a playground mentality.

Back to the headline, Schoony you make a good point. I think the likes of Redding and Iannone will shine in the big class whatever they ride, because of the exuberance of youth. Marquez will no doubt succeed too, but maybe only after he has filled out a bit? Lord knows the top class needs a shake up, because the 'rivalry' we have at the moment is as dull as dish water. Hopefully the Moto2 boys can bring their excitement into the big class. That said, I do think the regulations in the lower classes are as responsible for the great racing as much as anything else, but not exclusively. With a few tweaks here and there, the future of MotoGP could be very bright. They certainly have the talent waiting in the wings.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »