MotoGP » Ducati MotoGP debut for Scott Redding

Scott Redding and Andrea Iannone testing for Ducati this week.

Sweeble - Unregistered

July 31, 2012 3:30 PM

I'd love to see Scott in MotoGP, but I'm not sure whether I want to see him on a career killer Ducati. The problem for Scott is that he's too big for any other series (except WSBK)- but there are only Ducati rides available. Barbera is actually doing very well, but the Duke is making him look bad. Couldn't MarcVDS talk to Honda about their new customer bike?

As for Bradley, I think he's a great rider, he took the offer given to him by someone who knows (Herve P) and I'll let him do the talking with his results.

some1 - Unregistered

July 31, 2012 3:43 PM

Danny Kent is the younger version of Stoner. He just need a little guidance understanding the bike feedback.

Kinda thing that Gresini told Melandri to understand about RC211V respond when he ride that thing.

TalentFan

July 31, 2012 4:14 PM

As Jon said - I'm not getting the vicious Bradley-bashing that mention of his name always seems to bring out. Herve Ponceral created the problem he has for himself when he did the deal with Brad, and then Cal and Dovi proved to be a satellite dream team - Tech3 never had it so good. Dovi appears firm when he says he wants a factory ride or he's off anyhow.
Brad is doing a very good job on the Mistral (only the team knows just how well as they know the potential of the bike and how close Brad is to that), and is competitive with Scott right now. Yet somehow Scotty is deserving, but Brad is not? How's that then? FWIW I'd love to see the 2 of them in MotoGP next season. The worry for Scott (like all Duke riders) will be how good the Duke will be in 2013. Brad can be pretty confident that his Tech3 will be a good bike.

PatrickD - Unregistered

July 31, 2012 4:28 PM

Barbers put the Ducati on the front row at the round before last, which shows some potential. Maybe VR has been too big a distraction, but with a line of of these two, cal and Nicky, I'd be excited to see how they go. Great news for Brit fans, but I hope Scott doesn't try to over compensate for a machine that's a second or more a lap from a podium.

Wolfy35

July 31, 2012 5:42 PM

@ TalentFan

Despite early in the season Poncheral was talking of adding a performance clause into Bradleys contract requiring consistent top 10 placements with minimum podiums he has now confirmed that Bradley will be on a T3 MotoGP bike next season.

It is obvious that the T3 Moto2 bike is not up to par with the bikes it races against so I would guess that performance clauses go both ways & Bradley could have had them for not providing machinery capable of fulfilling the podium requirement.

TalentFan

July 31, 2012 6:06 PM

@ Wolfy35
I wasn't sure Smith was 'confirmed' even though he had a contract, as there's been speculation about Tech3 trying to cancel it. That's good news for Brad!
I know Dovi has turned Tech3 down, and Cal is chasing the Ducati ride, but saying and doing aren't always the same when your options get smaller.

Do you think then that this is some indication or confirmation that Herve knows for sure now that Dovi or Cal (or even both) are definitely not renewing with Tech3 for 2013? After all, Herve's headahce until recently was having 3 riders and only 2 bikes?

TalentFan

July 31, 2012 6:57 PM

A bit like Honda re-signing Pedro as they wanted a 'banker' - a consistent front-runner but also continuity for the team (something looking less likely before CS announced his retirement), then surely the same applies to other teams.
So... did Ducati re-sign Nicky for (at least partly) the same reason?
Using the same logic... T3 have Brad on 1 bike, so they've got to want to retain one of the current riders for consistency too? Especially since the current pairing are giving T3 their stongest season ever by miles? Herve isn't going to want to risk being completely in the doldrums in 2013 is he? T3 rider options are limited, so surely he wants to convince Dovi primarily, and if not Dovi then Cal to stay on? I'd not mind seeing Scotty joining Brad at T3, but that goes completely against my own argument lol!

Sidthekid - Unregistered

July 31, 2012 7:19 PM

I think I heard that Zarco was in the long term frame for Tech3. I say long term because he has yet to really prove himself in Moto2, which I guess is something labelled at Bradley too, but Herve doesn't seem to mind and I think quite rightfully makes his judgments based on potential.

shamarone

July 31, 2012 8:38 PM

re: "if Rossi stays or goes. The Phillip Morris group pay his wages."

good luck with that sustaining into the future. if people buy and smoke, it's because they're addicted to NICOTINE, not because of any rossi association who from all indicators is a NON-smoking advocate.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »