MotoGP » Redding: MotoGP 'the direction I need to go in'

"I made my target lap time and I felt comfortable. I think it's the direction I need to go in” – Scott Redding.

Burbs85 - Unregistered

August 02, 2012 11:54 AM

To be honest i think Scott does deserve a ride in Moto GP. OK he might not be winning the races but his attitude is the same as Smith's. They always put 100% in and will be honest to the media.

Smith also deserves his ride. The Tech 3 chassis has not performed well all season as you can see from his team mates positions and lap times. Brad rides the wheels off that bike and im sure if you gave him a suter or a kalex chassis, which has more rider feedback for development, then he would be constantly up there. But what he is doing is developing the bike to suit himself and improving race on race. Which is exaclty what is needed for a Moto GP bike.

As for Redding his do or die attitude is more than enough for him to get some decent results in his first season ans who knows, even a stronger more competetive bike in his second season??

blah - Unregistered

August 02, 2012 12:11 PM

Redding seems very overrated in the British media. Yes he is tall, but that didnt stop Simonchelli from winning the 250cc title. At the very least he should be winning some races in Moto2.

Reddings performance on a Suter he didn't like last year was also pretty abysmal. If you finish 15th in the Moto2 championship, because you don't like the bike. What are your chances on arguably the worst and most hated bike in MotoGP? Giving him a chance on a satellite bike is OK, but a factory bike would be wasted on him.

ET - Unregistered

August 02, 2012 12:17 PM

How anyone can be negative about a young british rider who shows such huge talent and potential is beyond me.
Ducati know a bit about world championship motorcycle racing and do you think they would give him a test if they didn't see something special?
Go Scotty, I'm a fan because of what I see when I watch him ride.....

Don-R

August 02, 2012 12:26 PM

@ blah

Not even a chance that Redding will be on a factory bike next year. What he'll be given - if anything - is Hector Barbera's or Karel Abraham's satellite Duc. Same for Iannone. Hardly the greatest ride in the paddock.

Vilas

August 02, 2012 12:30 PM

For me Redding is the best British rider..! Very radical kid and very big also..lol Ducati is making good job on serching for fresh talents and just show then what Ducati is like to ride, this guys will be future stars and if this riders have to choose i think most of then will not whanted Ducati we all know why.. But with this lack of teams Ducati has to be an option i think Scoot would be better on the Tech 3 insted of Smith but we never know how this kids will perform.. I wish them good luck and on the case of Scoot he really need a motogp is just to big for Moto2, will be great to wach but he need to go setp by step without rushing is very young.

Nick - Unregistered

August 02, 2012 1:00 PM

Redding deserves the media attention he's been getting, he's lead quite a few races this year and quite a few practice sessions too & he has the most exciting riding style. Sure the doubters will be eating humble pie....

Sauscison - Unregistered

August 02, 2012 1:02 PM

Scott won't be a prospect if he goes to Ducati, just how many riders with promise have to have a nightmare before anyone gets it. Needs to do more in moto2. for me but if Ducati are struggling to find riders and he's confident who are we to tell him. The duke ride always ends in failure no matter how good your start..

I like Redding and Iannone, and them getting a shot into motogp can only be a positive thing - however. Like a few comments on here, they're stepping into shoes to ride a bike that once had Melandri's and Rossi's in them and had the better of them. I know this ain't a factory ride but you need to assess this. So i think it shows, and has taken the world about 1.5 years longer than it needed to, how good Stoner was/is, how well Hayden has been getting on, and also Barbera.
They'll get on alright, but we need to keep our excitement in check.

Makrus - Unregistered

August 02, 2012 1:19 PM

Always ends in failure does it? I think the current world champion may suggest otherwise. I like redding and if he can grab a factory ride he should take it. Yeah he could stick around in moto2 and see what opens up later, but if you can get your foot in why not its pretty competitive in the big league. If He and Ducati can make it work who knows it may open other doors.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »