MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: It’ll be hard to beat Lorenzo

“The world title is a dream. [We] have to understand if I'm still a top rider, still fast and if I can still fight for the podium. After two seasons like this, nobody knows” - Valentino Rossi.

Watch your back Jorge - Unregistered

August 17, 2012 3:29 PM

We will see how good spirited and sporting Rossi is when Lorenzo starts beating him.Then the toys will come out of the pram and the garage wall will go up!
Mark my words.He will soon be back to his manipulative ways.

Marc - Unregistered

August 17, 2012 3:41 PM

Realist while I agree with you that Rossi shouldn't take too much time to get comfortable with the bike as it's very similar to the one he rode before he left with exception to added power, etc.. That said, while he retains all his skill and ability he has taken a beating confidence wise on the Duc, and his past injuries probably make him apprehensive until he regains his confidence. And you can't ignore his age as it diminishes your ability just look at top atheletes in any sport as they age.

Marc - Unregistered

August 17, 2012 3:46 PM

To continue from my above comment, you also have to realize that before his leg injury Lorenzo was on par with Rossi and has taken a step forward since. Lorenzo seemed to be able to trust the electronics more than Rossi by getting in deeper into turns and getting better drives out. The question is will Rossi be able to adjust his riding style and be able to match or exceed Lorenzo (and other competitors such as Pedrosa). I sure hope he can and we'll find out next season. It should be interesting.

shamarone

August 17, 2012 4:32 PM

re: "Rossi added: "The next two seasons for me will be hard, especially trying to stay with Jorge, also to beat Jorge, because now he's very, very fast."

OMG, what is this...? a love-in...!? LOL

shamarone

August 17, 2012 4:34 PM

re: "For sure, the world title is a dream, he said of 2013. In my condition now, we have to understand if I'm still a top rider, if I'm still fast, and if I can fight for the front row, if I can still fight for the podium."

under promise, over deliver.

. - Unregistered

August 17, 2012 6:10 PM

Only a class person would make statements like that, considering his record 9wc's its very humbling,

Casey fans take note, you don't have to hate eveyone to be good. Fair play to Lorenzo too, again prooving he's not just a top rider but a top person too.

TalentFan

August 17, 2012 6:26 PM

"Only a class person would make statements like that, considering his record 9wc's its very humbling"

Good grief - are people really so easily taken in and so naive? FFS - VR has no option at the moment but to be polite for the sake of his own image, and the fact that he isn't on solid ground at the top of the pile.

Rossi's sychophantic fanbase may still be on their knees in front of their god, but bear in mind that Rossi was always far less than magnanimous and respectful of his rivals when he was in a position to do so. This ain't news, the evidence is everywhere for years.
There are those that crumbled before Rossi's power plays and games, and there are those who've been motivated and waiting their chance to even the score. And JL in particular is smart and been v careful what he says and how he says it. But make no mistake, after how Rossi tried to work him over 1st time, Jorge will want to destroy VR in 2013.
If Rossi had been a more gracious rival when he was on top, maybe th

Realist

August 17, 2012 6:39 PM

@ Metrics

My statement was succinct. I'll say it again, "I personally give Rossi 4 races or less before he is up to speed". If you need clarification, "up to speed" means running regularly in the top 4. Is that specific enough?

@ shamarone