MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: It’ll be hard to beat Lorenzo

“The world title is a dream. [We] have to understand if I'm still a top rider, still fast and if I can still fight for the podium. After two seasons like this, nobody knows” - Valentino Rossi.

bill poster - Unregistered

August 17, 2012 1:17 AM

2 years on a rubbish bike, the death of his friend and injuries before that. But I still believe he can beat Lorenzo as soon as his confidence is back after the first race perhaps

Realist

August 17, 2012 1:18 AM

@ there there now

I've already explained this. The fact is that the bike has not changed much since Rossi rode it. Why on earth should I believe that tossing a leg over the M1 (that he helped develop) is going to be "a lesson in adaptation" for the man who essentially rode the same bike - less a few hundred cc's and a different tire - for 7 years? That's not to say that he'll immediately run an earth shattering pace without first getting a feel for the BS mated to the M1, but sheez......he isn't some Yamaha noob. Furusawa already said that the bike hasn't changed much, so who am I to argue othewise? Lorenzo was largely unfazed by the extra 200cc's. Why should I assume Rossi will be?

Realist

August 17, 2012 1:21 AM

@ there there now (cont.)

You also expect me to believe that Dovi and Crutchlow can hop on the T3 bike and run a solid pace, but Rossi.....ROSSI.....can't hop on his bread-n-butter baby M1 and run the pace too???? It's just ridiculous.

there there now - Unregistered

August 17, 2012 1:39 AM

@Realist:

Ok i will admit i was winding you up somewhat, although i will be watching carefully to see if there are any flaws in your argument at his first test sessions, and will pull you up if any are found, as your confidence is a little too brazen... lol

rama - Unregistered

August 17, 2012 1:41 AM

Good day to all, well his dicision has been made and i wish him all the best. As, for mind games, they are all doing it to spice up the end to the season 2012 and to put pressure and stress. I do sincerely believe that rossi will do his best without risking to much. As for next year, he has given his views, but he seems to be holding back, for me at least. I believe he will end this season as the top Ducati rider and finish the year in the fifth position. Looking foward to rossi beating agostini's record. 58,74,6,48 miss you guys alot.

Rossi46 - Unregistered

August 17, 2012 1:59 AM

A couple of days ago Stoner showed us his true colour which we already know anyway. After years in MotoGP Stoner hasnt leared a d@mn thing! He should learn from the older guys who have proven themselves, like Rossi and Hayden. These guys have proven themselves not only in championship terms but in charisma, class, professionalism, and heart. Stoner chose the easy way out for whatever unbelievable reason he could come up with. He is a champion and nobody can take it away from him. But the way Stoner acts, he is going out and going down in history as a loser.

AussieMate - Unregistered

August 17, 2012 2:04 AM

“For sure, the world title is a dream,” he said of 2013. “In my condition now, (we) have to understand if I'm still a top rider, if I'm still fast, and if I can fight for the front row, if I can still fight for the podium.

“I don't know, because after two seasons like this, nobody knows. So before I speak about the championship, I have to understand if I can fight from the front row, I can fight for the podium. And after, we will see.”

PURE CLASS!!!

MotoGP Classic - Unregistered

August 17, 2012 2:14 AM

“I just said that for Ducati the problem - the positive problem - was that Stoner was very fast with that bike and (this) was also a problem for us for to make the decision (to join Ducati) at the end of 2010.

“But, you know, the reality is that I was never fast with that bike from the first test to now. And unfortunately together with Ducati we were not able to improve the bike and to fix the problem that the bike have.”

Rossi has nothing but praise to Casey Stoner. I dont know whats gone to Stoner's head. He used to be a humble guy just riding fast and doing his thing. He really changed after his first championship.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »