MotoGP » Valentino Rossi out-qualified by CRT at Indy

"This track has strange asphalt that has less grip than what we're used to but that still wears the tyres" - Valentino Rossi.

rolling stoner - Unregistered

August 19, 2012 9:40 AM

I don't think Rossi gives a toss anymore where he qualifies why risk binning it when he is way down in the championship. Rossi will need to be in best shape ever for next year, tell you what though... it would be a real laugh if he won the last race of the season! Good qualifying from Randy all the same, its where the CRT bikes should be anyhow... mixing it up with the top 10 prototypes.

WylieCoyote

August 19, 2012 9:42 AM

Sam, I am not Australian and you have no idea of how bike development works. You have to pushthe bike to its limit to develop. He is getting paid to do a job and he is not doing it. Oh, and Fosters doesn't even come in the top 10 beers consumed by Aussies so perhaps you need to do some research before trying to abuse a whole nation.

TalentFan

August 19, 2012 9:46 AM

1st thing I thought of when I saw VR's quali yesterday was that he cannot really be this bad, and that he's sandbagging. Then I thought, why? Only thing I could think of was that he wanted Ducati to fire him so he would be out of contract, not be a GP rider and so could go test a Yamaha till next seasons opener (I have no idea if the rules would allow this, or whether Rossi's contract with Ducati would have some sort of 'gardening leave' clause in it BTW - just what occurred to me).

One thing is for sure though - if that really was Rossi's best effort, then Ducati & esp. Yamaha will be worried. I'm not a big Rossi fan (you'll have noticed that by now) but I can't believe that's the best he can do myself.

LMFAO - Unregistered

August 19, 2012 9:50 AM

Rossi should be in the Hospital to, because now people are saying he doesnt push enough, and ducati development is running at full capacity....ASK hayden, he said i cant count the updates i had all year long. we had 4 new chassis, 3 new swingarms, and multiple updates on electronics, hell ducati even build multiple diffenence in engines power delivery, the updates are comming and going. we even got rid of the airplane wings, so ducati had to build a totaly new fairing, stop asking ducati is calling for more updates, these guys work SO HARD

mmm - Unregistered

August 19, 2012 9:59 AM

Two things. Dismal bike, dismal track. No point pushing the Duc only to find yourself unconscious in the gravel and to qualify 8th? I'd love to see all you haters trying to push your own bikes to the limit risking crashes. Have you ever even been on a motorcycle? Have you ever crashed? I have fractured two ribs, had dislocated shoulder and fractured two fingers all in separate occasions. So before you make those pointless comments just remember how it hurts to just come off on your pushbike...

TalentFan

August 19, 2012 9:59 AM

@ WylieCoyote

I have to say you're wasting your time there. I've read quite a few of Sams posts. For the sake of his own future I just hope that Sam is able to put something showing more intelligence into his homework.

As for the Aussie-bashing point. I am surprised that Crash allows as many racist comments to remain posted as it does. But in any case, to slag an entire nation of people simply because you don't like what an individual writes just reinforces my point above (& no Sam, I'm not an Aussie either).

bo - Unregistered

August 19, 2012 10:01 AM

motorcycles are dangerous.

if you are not prepared to risk crashing you will never win because there will always be some one who will risk crashing who will beat you.

When you dont want to risk crashing its time quit.

not having a go at rossi by the way but he seems to be way off the pace

Sun - Unregistered

August 19, 2012 10:02 AM

15 000 000 euro payed v rossi with 4 chasis at his disposal was beated by a power electronics machine. great rider :)) oh excuse me, he didnt wanted to push hard cause he knew that he will crash:)) lame excuse!

LanceTheHooliganAlbon

August 19, 2012 10:18 AM

I'd love to see your track times on the Ducati Sun! Like a previous comment said, Abraham, Barbera and Hayden have landed in hospital this year due to the Ducati. Rossi is no idiot bud. I'm sure you couldn't tell understeer from oversteer in any case! These riders are proffesionals and Rossi has the most experience out of ALL the riders there. Even Elias who has won a MotoGP race on a satellite Honda is being outpaced by two groups of CRT bikes. The Ducati is a problem child and with Dovi on the Ducati for 2013 and Rossi back on the Yamaha next year it will be proven :p

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »