MotoGP » Ben Spies reveals tension with Yamaha

“I was told by somebody at Yamaha that if I'm not going to ride a hundred percent at Laguna, don't show up” - Ben Spies.

westerner - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 4:56 AM

let me further explain reality to you kid.

You don't win multiple AMA championships vs. a guy like Mladin who is one of the all time winningest riders unless you're damn good.

You don't walk into WSBK championship and win it your first year unless you're damn good.

I don't think any other rider in history has ever won the WSBK title in their first year.

GP is so political and expensive the 'A' rider gets pampered while often the 'B' rider gets sht. The bikes look the same but often are not.

Pay attention man, your lack of knowledge is embarrassing :)

westerner - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 5:00 AM

@ UNtruthful

let's not forget Spies got the MotoGP rookie of the year award as well.

A big reason that Dovi and Cal were doing better than Spies is because the Tech 3 team is very good at setting up their bikes and since this is the first year of the new bikes 1000cc, there isn't much of a difference between them in the early parts of the season.

Btw, notice how Cal is crashing all the time now?
Yah...

As the season continues usually the factory brings in new better performing parts, the greater the gap between the factory bikes and satellite bikes (CRT now).

Seriously time for you to learn something :)

Truthful - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 5:01 AM

Well friend, you fail to discuss racing at all, and having racing a bike or not would not change a thing. You stated you're a racer, that's what makes you more mysterious: if you race, you understand what Lorenzo did to Spies, and would understand why he cracked.

And I also remember the last year, when he had none of this issues, yet he managed to do so little, Lorenzo destroyed him completely.

Truthful - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 5:05 AM

Yes, I learned, you're a very silly loser. I also learned how to blame others for my stupid mistakes.

Grow up man, the guy you support is the one who's leaving. The only one who could not make it to the 1000's.

westerner - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 5:06 AM

LOL @ UNtruthful

You just don't get it.

I've learned a long time ago certain people have their narrow minds closed to anything but what they want to believe.

Spies's bike is most of the time pure sht. If you can't see that, go play with Legos cause racing isn't for you.

Answer me this UNtruthful, did you even watch Spies race in AMA and WSBK?

I can answer that, NO you did not.
You've never seen what Spies can do on a bike in GP because his bike is sht.

Before you open your mouth on here please educate yourself and watch those AMA and WSBK races. You will find a new respect for Spies and then realize all his bike issues are real.

Truthful - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 5:08 AM

Ah, I watched AMA in the past. That thay I saw Madlin (well, I remember he raced GP bikes some time ago, but achieved nothing). But what I will remember forever was the race where the japanese 600's raced against a 1200 BUELL... that was the greatest joke I ever saw in my life. This is AMA...

westerner - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 5:14 AM

@UNtruthful

I can tell you have no idea what you're talking about.

It's pretty sad for you.

In GP's the bike is 95% and the rider is 5%.

These bikes are to trick it's amazing.

They are prototypes and unless you're on one of the few bikes capable of winning you don't have a chance.

Spies's team are brand new to MotoGP. His crew chief Houseworth sucks. It's obvious to anyone with eyes that has ridden a motorcycle.

Maybe you should go out and try to race or street race then you will understand when your rear is breaking free you can't corner well. You lose time. You can't accelerate quickly. Lap after lap you lose much time. End of race, you're far behind.

Nooby.

westerner - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 5:20 AM

UNtruthful I understand you're upset cause your boy Cal is sucking now.

It was bound to happen, he's been pushing his luck and now he's binning it regularly. Typical.

Don't cry to me Argentina that Ducati didn't hire Cal.

I like Cal but he's done nothing special and he's luck ran out.

You mention Mladin in GP and how he did nothing but are you smart enough to know why? He was on a junk bike and crap team wasn't he?

Didn't have much time to learn the tracks or the politics did he?

Duh.