MotoGP » Ben Spies reveals tension with Yamaha

“I was told by somebody at Yamaha that if I'm not going to ride a hundred percent at Laguna, don't show up” - Ben Spies.

Ben - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 1:25 AM

"Spies, who was racing with a shoulder injury after falling in qualifying" he doesnt cry about it. Stoner has a spill and dramas all across the paddock.

bliz - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 1:26 AM

When Yamaha sat around in the offseason meetings, surely one of the topics must have been about missing a title sponser. Who's to say that someone in the corner didn't raise their hand and say "What if we tried to lure Rossi back?"

Zedxkev - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 1:30 AM

Well just heard Scott Russell commenting on our side of the pond and he stated that Ben was leaving motogp. So I'm guessing he's going back to wsbk obviously with another manufacturer. Im sure he'll be on a factory bike in wsbk. Can't wait, better racing...

GoForIt - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 1:32 AM

I'm going out on a limb here, but today I was thinking Ben was so pissed about the rookie rule fiasco because he may have been entertaining a job at Repsol. Sounds crazy at first, I know, but there have been rumors about Gresino, no?

As to the never ending topic, I don't believe in death defying sabotage, but I have to believe Ben is not considered a factory rider, if even human. He shows time and again he has the right stuff, only to meet with obscene circumstance. Something defies logic and statistics here.

I know I'm in minority here, but I hope he goes back to WSBK, where he fits on the bikes, will enjoy the paddock, and have some good close racing. MotoGP is soon to be a punch line.

cruachan - Unregistered

August 20, 2012 1:39 AM

Where did we get from Yamaha questioning Spies's commitment to Yamaha sabotaging his bike?

Anyway, for all the bad luck he's had Spies can still consider himself fortunate. To have a swingarm break at the top of the most fearsome corner in the world and walk away is little short of a miracle.

I think he'll go back to Suzuki, if not next year then 2014. Latest rumour is Alstare are back in WSBK next year with Spies (and possibly Haslam) and both SBK riders will be testing and wildcarding the new GSV-R.

infamous

August 20, 2012 1:46 AM

Ben should publicly roast Lin Jarvis since its pretty damn obvious we know its him. He clearly doesn't want Ben to get anything decent, nor does he want anyone to be a threat to Lorenzo no matter how much he may say he wants the triple crown.

I wonder if names started getting named if Yamaha starts to rethink to keep him in leadership

I hope Ben goes with BMW or Suzuki and comes back to grill Yamaha for how they've treated him.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »